Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla be able to tell if a vehicle will have free supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably won't transfer (like Prowler said already). The question to ask the dealer is if they registered the car with Tesla. For instance, have they had it long enough to send it to a SC for a repair? Tesla would have required the dealer to show ownership, and they would have likely documented it.

You could also take a ride with someone at the dealer to a Supercharger and try it. Does it supercharger? Ta-Daaa, make of that what you will.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd
@AMPd, auction? That's a dead giveaway to its status. Unless they really messed up, you can count that Tesla put that one on a list to remove Supercharging. Your best bet, - I am sure you already know - having been here a long time - is find a private sale and even go so far as ask the owner to also turn over his/her existing Tesla account to you so you inherit the Supercharging.

@AMPd, auction? That's a dead giveaway to its status. Unless they really messed up, you can count that Tesla put that one on a list to remove Supercharging. Your best bet, - I am sure you already know - having been here a long time - is find a private sale and even go so far as ask the owner to also turn over his/her existing Tesla account to you so you inherit the Supercharging.
That might be the best option. I’ll keep looking.