Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla beat delivery expectations in Q2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ZeroDarkSilver, I love your optimistic thinking. i think it might be a buying opportunity if the SP hits below $175. Bears will be worried about the increased production rate. The good news is that Model X delivery is increasing but I am a little concerned about the Model S delivery declining. Is it because Model X took most of the assembly line or the demand went down?

If you go to the factory you'll see S and X all mixed up in the production line. They have one line for both, so right now as they ramp up X production, it has to come at the expense of S. Overall production throughput is increasing, but not by nearly enough to allow both S and X to increase at the same time. And keep in mind that Tesla makes more money from X, so they will want to be increasing the X in the mix for a while, not to mention working through the backlog of pre-orders for X.

Below $175?!

What are you smoking?!
Mitch, It's definitely possible. Everytime a company misses their own guidance, SP takes a beating. I would n't be surprised it the SP is below $190 on Tuesday and it will probably go another 5% down that week. It will eventually bounce back. Going into the quarter the positioning was for a big beat above 17K, but it's much lesser than that.

US sales report from the Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

2016-sales-chart-june-v9-750x717.png

I wonder what people's opinon of the re-designed nose is? The refresh didn't modernise the interior - which needs it more. Maybe people are underwhelmed by that. That's less of a factor for me - for me the Model S has lost 2 cool things.
The Frunk is apparantly the smaller "D size" for all cars now. It used to be the Frunk was bigger if you had 2WD. Lots of youtube uploads had reviewers climbing into the Frunk to show how massive it was!
The redesigned dash in 6.0 lost the beautiful speedo / energy bar. I don't want just a number. Tesla seem to be going away from it being a "drivers car" with too much emphasis on "auto-pilot" display and the silly CG car on the "display behind the steering-wheel".
I'd be looking for a 2nd hand 2015 Model S.
IMHO the centred-console of the Model 3 looks horrible. Hoping for a narrow display behind the steering-wheel. Not having anything there is illegal in some European countries I believe.