Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will Tesla become Netscape one day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really think all this twitter and Mars bullshit has caused Elon Musk to lose his focus in the company and innovation appears to have slowed to a trickle. Maybe he's the type that gets bored with things easily. At this point, it may be better for Apple to buy Tesla to allow it to have a long range future.
Apple isn’t going to touch Tesla. Especially now.

And to answer your question; it’s already happening. The lead Tesla had over the competition 2 years ago is closing fast.

I find the analogy of Netscape in the title more than a bit odd, and out of context with the original post, of all the tech companies one could have picked. Was there some exec at Netscape playing the Musk-esque role of brilliant leader gone mad or distracted - Marc Andreessen? CEO Jim Barksdale?

Having been onboard during the tumultuous period of illegal monopolistic actions by Microsoft (not my opinion, but rather by definition of being found guilty in federal gov't criminal antitrust trial), there was still plenty of innovation going on, maybe even too many1.0 products, but also a lot of enterprise revenue from products no consumer would know about. But having a once-major source of revenue cut off completely, the company quickly surrendered and sold itself years itself before the antirust trial was resolved.

If you're referring to the long, slow decline in innovation of the Netscape browser, that was in the hands of stodgy execs of later corporate owners like AOL and Time Warner, not due to the original innovative leaders.