Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla CEO Elon Musk Accept The Ultimate Challenge From Ford?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one of the dumbest things I've read today.

What does Ford have to gain with this challenge? If they lose they will look silly, being beat by a car you can actually buy. If they win, it proves they had to build a one off prototype to beat a 4 door family sedan. There is no good outcome for Ford here.

What does Ford have to gain with this challenge? If they lose they will look silly, being beat by a car you can actually buy. If they win, it proves they had to build a one off prototype to beat a 4 door family sedan. There is no good outcome for Ford here.
Agreed. Sort of no-win for Elon. And I sort of think Ford would back down if he did accept, like with the playful tug-of-war challenge against the Cybertruck.

In the attached Ford video, you can see the 1,400 HP Mach-E losing (repeatedly) to Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 and turns a 1/4 mile at 10.488 (1:24 in video). Jay Leno tested the Model S Plaid and broke a world acceleration record for a quarter mile. He posted a new time for the quarter-mile of 9.247 seconds, clocking in at 152.09 mph. I'm guessing the Plaid Model S would beat the 1,400HP Mach-E.

Just imagine that. Ford, a pioneer automotive OEM that's been around for more than a century, trying to ride on Tesla's coat-tails....

Yeah, not even close just on specs. I'm sure one of the S Plaid customers, maybe Brooks from DragTimes, can take Ford up on their offer.

In the attached Ford video, you can see the 1,400 HP Mach-E losing (repeatedly) to Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 and turns a 1/4 mile at 10.488 (1:24 in video). Jay Leno tested the Model S Plaid and broke a world acceleration record for a quarter mile. He posted a new time for the quarter-mile of 9.247 seconds, clocking in at 152.09 mph. I'm guessing the Plaid Model S would beat the 1,400HP Mach-E.

Is Ford competing at Pike's Peak and, if so, how are they doing?

Kudos for Ford being willing to show EVs are great. Even if they do lose against Tesla, as they say in Hollywood: Publicity is good. Good Publicity is even better.
The start of regular grudge matches between Ford and Tesla would be a win for all of us.

Reactions: Doc Brown
Kudos for Ford being willing to show EVs are great. Even if they do lose against Tesla, as they say in Hollywood: Publicity is good. Good Publicity is even better.
The start of regular grudge matches between Ford and Tesla would be a win for all of us.

Agree. It’s a Ford v Ferrari type thing. Some people get too bent out of shape when talking any EV other than Tesla - I just don’t get it.

Reactions: mk677