Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla ever make a motorsports division?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to see two things from Tesla:

1. A division of the company that either preps and races existing models and/or designs new performance oriented models.
  • why is Tesla's best nurburgring time based off a bone stock model S plaid? Subaru is running times with their fastest Isle of Mann car with their best factory driver.
  • we need to see more stuff like the UPP/Randy Pobst Model 3 on pikes peak
  • maybe a spec model 3 racing series
  • can we have something like the roadster but not at supercar prices- ie a plaid drivetrain stuffed in a model 3 with better suspension and no rear seats, that sort of thing.
2. A division of the company that sells factory performance parts for teslas, kind of like mazdaspeed does for their cars. Just copy what UPP is doing but with Service Center install and factory warranty.
  • suspension parts
  • brake parts
  • torsen differentials
  • track and racing oriented software (either to improve performance or let enthusiasts monitor stuff like battery temperature)
  • crate motors, battery packs, inverters, computers so we can build tesla powered kit cars
  • let people fix teslas instead of throwing them away, let people reactivate rebuilt salvage cars, especially if they're just doing it to go racing

As a Tesla Fan and automotive entuhsiast. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

All suggestions sound epic. Performance / Enthusiast oriented performance mods would be incredible.

My dream car: Model 3 Coupe with large trunk opening like the Y and Plaid power :D