Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla ever offer Lease buyout?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same actually i would buy out my 21 MY, i leased because it was my first EV and wasn’t totally sure and also the lease was like 300$ a month cheaper lol

According to tesla with this new pricedrop im 3k negative so i guess a buyout option would be very much so a possibility this year if things hold up crossing my fingers on that one

I rather buyout mines than jump into a new loan on 24 tesla y or 3

View attachment 896447
If I’m reading that correctly, you’d be buying out the lease at $39,775. I’m assuming that’s your residual. The car’s value is $36,400. Seems like you’d be be off buying new then taking on a car $3k negative equity.
Of course all of that is if Tesla starts allowing Y lease buyouts.

Reactions: dino007
Bumping this thread back up.

Isn't Tesla leaving money on the table by not allowing lease buyouts? That has to provide a significant bump in sales esp from those who are not qualified to receive the tax credit. They of course will need to quit playing games by taking back the tax credit if you purchase the vehicle as was the case last time they allowed lease buyouts a few years ago. They need to allow full tax credit in the transaction and allow purchase at the residual value. Similar to how other OEMs do this.

Maybe, but since lease buy out has never been offered (at all) for model 3 and model Y in the history of those vehicles existence, Unless something changes for these vehicles, there isnt any reason to have ongoing discussion about it.

If / When it changes, someone will post it here I am sure, but until then, Tesla is obviously doing better financially by not offering it, or they would offer it.