Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla Insurance follow suit with insurance fee partial refurns?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2-3-20: Billed $185.68
3-3-20: Billed $185.68
3-9-20: Refunded $53.89
4-3-20: Billed $185.68
4-13-20: Refunded $53.89

So it looks like they are refunding 29% of the premium. I haven't contacted Tesla about the insurance at any time. I am driving quite a bit less miles.

RT

^^^ I haven’t gotten rebates for my March or April premiums yet so I’m wondering why the delay. I guess I’ll have to call to see what’s up. Did you get email confirmations for the refunds?

Screenshot_20200419-172934.png

I just called Tesla Insurance, and their reps are saying that instead of a credit towards your credit card, they will be sending a check instead sometime in Mid June.

Apparently they said they had some problems crediting back to people's credit cards, so that's how they decide to send a check. Not sure if that's true, as some of the members here got their credits back towards their credit card, but we will see in a month or so.

*still* haven't seen any refunds... wtf

I'm a Model 3 owner who purchased FSD and is still waiting for HW3. Also, don't drive many miles since working from home. Don't know if that is factored in. Maybe I'll shoot myself in the foot and call Tesla Insurance and ask them why they keep refunding part of my bill every month. The surprise factor alone on hearing their response to my asking about it is worth the $58 :)

RT

Still haven't seen any refund either from a check, probably going to have to call them sometime.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen an increase of rates from Tesla Insurance from your renewals? Seems that some people have gotten a raise of rates even they haven't been driving as much.

i may have gotten a refund...? although it is the first payment after the renewal of the policy (6 months from inception) for some reason the payment was $42 less than normal. there's no itemization in the monthly email they send, so i can't really suss out what happened.