Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla merge with another automaker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
"Musk answered: We are definitely not going to launch a hostile takeover, but if somebody said it would be a good idea to merge with Tesla, we would have this conversation."

Elon Musk: Tesla (TSLA) is open to merging with automakers - Electrek

It seems Elon is at least open to the idea of Tesla merging with another automaker. The idea is thought provoking. Who would Tesla merge with? What would it mean for Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
Unless they want to inherit a franchise dealer network, I don't see it happening.

If they could vet them. Before I could get my M3 I had a gen 2 Volt. They lied to me and ripped me off for $1k on the sale, almost didn't get the L2 that was supposed to come with it and when I went back for some juice ended up posting this on PlugShare:

Bought my car here it came without a charge. I went back a few weeks later and the stations were iced. I had to interrupt some sales reps one of whom muttered that I could charge elsewhere. One of the rudest dealerships I've ever been to..

I think a merger would be horrible

If they could vet them. Before I could get my M3 I had a gen 2 Volt. They lied to me and ripped me off for $1k on the sale, almost didn't get the L2 that was supposed to come with it and when I went back for some juice ended up posting this on PlugShare:

Bought my car here it came without a charge. I went back a few weeks later and the stations were iced. I had to interrupt some sales reps one of whom muttered that I could charge elsewhere. One of the rudest dealerships I've ever been to..

I think a merger would be horrible

GM gives ultimatum to Cadillac dealers who don't want to sell electric cars - Electrek