Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla offer the facelift bumper as a retrofit?

Will Tesla offer to upgrade a classic Model S to the new front bumper?

• No. Sell your classic Tesla and buy a new one.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • Yes. The retrofit is rather easy and doable by Tesla.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • No, but the aftermarket will offer a bumper kit that will do the trick.

Votes: 89 49.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reeler

Decade of Pure EV Driving
Oct 14, 2015
Denver, CO
There are already photos floating around of a classic Model S with the new bumper. Perhaps that was just a mule or an aftermarket offering. Will Tesla allow us to upgrade? Bonus question: How much would Tesla charge for that?

These guys do an aftermarket nose cone that looks close: Karstyle

New Bumper Retrofit.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I have just seen my first picture of the new Frunk and based upon what I see there is no way that a retrofit can easily take place. The entire Frunk, and the surrounding plastic surrounds and interior have changed based upon that picture. So if that is the case the possibility of a retrofit has just become more complex.

The new Frunk looks smaller.

I have just seen my first picture of the new Frunk and based upon what I see there is no way that a retrofit can easily take place. The entire Frunk, and the surrounding plastic surrounds and interior have changed based upon that picture. So if that is the case the possibility of a retrofit has just become more complex.

The new Frunk looks smaller.

At least in part it is smaller because the hardware for the bio-weapon mode is very big and is located in there somewhere.

Agreed. Retrofit for the front looks quite hard.

No retrofit for any of this stuff, intentionally. They could have been offering battery upgrades and gotten a revenue stream for that, but they found that it's more profitable to force people to buy a car with bigger battery.

So I say the bumper cover and LED headlights will be rigged to prevent retrofits.

I agree, no retrofits! The hood curve is very different -- if you wanted a "close" retrofit, at a minimum, you're going to need a new hood and full bumper. It's possible, but I think that would be way more than what fits in "retrofit" category (and very expensive due to the new hood and paint matching).

Reactions: gsxdsm