Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla punish their supporters, or refund $3,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every OE periodically offers discounts, rebates, and incentives to sell more product. There is no precedence to refund new incentives to prior purchasers. I bought my M3 a year ago for quite a bit more than what I could buy one today. ZERO REGRETS!! I've enjoyed the car for a year now saving $300/mo on gasoline costs....well worth. Stop complaining folks and enjoy the ride!!

Tesla might want to consider reduced FSD prices for previous EAP purchasers and maybe some supercharging benefits for those with FSD. I agree they shouldn't be refunding anything back, they can't afford it, and we did get what we paid for but these stories might give Model Y buyers hesitation when that comes to market.

Last edited:
So whoever bought Tesla until recently will get EAP+FSD for $5,000!
Either you paid $5k and will get free FSD, or you didn't, and can buy both for $5k!
Tesla punishing whoever trusted them the most, and paid for EAP+FSD!!!
Wouldn't it be appropriate to REFUND $3,000 for those customers just like Tesla refunded $5k the Performance+ buyers???
Get over it

The price you bought at is what it is.
There is always a premium to be an early adopter.
If Tesla started giving money back they wouldn't be around for long.
I always buy my new trucks in the fall. One full year after the launch. I usually save 10-12K.

You are missing the boat.

FSD isn't even out yet...so.....

Someone paid $5k for FSD a year ago. Nothing delivered yet. Tesla said "Hey - you better purchase FSD now because it will be more expensive if you wait until after you buy the car".

Tesla offers customers today the same FSD for $2k. Its less expensive...not more.

What did the guy who purchased a year ago have to enjoy for a year? Nothing.

you paid $5k and will get free FSD

This has not been confirmed. All the company/Elon has said officially is that those who paid for EAP previously will get FSD for $2k. Some have said their Tesla "rep" (??? I have a Tesla and don't have my own rep) told them that anyone who took delivery in 2019 and bought EAP will get FSD for free. Not sure that's true. Reps know jack.