Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla respond to the disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think Tesla will roll their Semi's to the Hurricane damaged areas with supplies? They could setup large powerwalls and charge them with solar. In a few years ICE will be banned and we will have to recharge emergency vehicles and trucks that deliver supplies to disaster areas anyways Why not start putting the logistics in place now.
No to everything you said.

California has already banned state agencies from purchasing any gas powered vehicles from 2020 on
As part of Gov. Gavin Newsom's administration's attempt to combat climate change, California has banned the purchase of gasoline-fueled vehicles by government groups, according to the Sacramento Bee.

The state fleet includes about 51,000 cars and trucks, according to the governor's office. As of last year, more than 3,000 of those vehicles were hybrids or zero-emission vehicles, according to the Department of General Services.

The rule also mandates that beginning next year, state agencies purchase vehicles from manufacturers that recognize the state's authority to set its own emission standards. Currently, the Trump administration is trying to revoke that ability.

California has already banned state agencies from purchasing any gas powered vehicles from 2020 on
As part of Gov. Gavin Newsom's administration's attempt to combat climate change, California has banned the purchase of gasoline-fueled vehicles by government groups, according to the Sacramento Bee.

The state fleet includes about 51,000 cars and trucks, according to the governor's office. As of last year, more than 3,000 of those vehicles were hybrids or zero-emission vehicles, according to the Department of General Services.

The rule also mandates that beginning next year, state agencies purchase vehicles from manufacturers that recognize the state's authority to set its own emission standards. Currently, the Trump administration is trying to revoke that ability.
I’m sure the taxpayers will be thrilled they get to pay top dollar for state cronies to be riding around in electric vehicles.

Do you think Tesla will roll their Semi's to the Hurricane damaged areas with supplies? They could setup large powerwalls and charge them with solar. In a few years ICE will be banned and we will have to recharge emergency vehicles and trucks that deliver supplies to disaster areas anyways Why not start putting the logistics in place now.
They didn't even turn on free SC or unlock buffer/sw limits for ArkLaTex. All we got was a stupid message telling us to stay charged.

That reminds me of a cheech and chong movie where one of the defining lines was "weed's gonna be legalized in a few years" -- 40 years later we're still waiting (federally)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Tesla has done this in the past for disaster areas. They have trucked in temporary Supercharging units with battery support. They have also done this during high projected useage areas like holidays or festivals.
They have also triggered free Supercharging for those evacuating threatened areas.
None of which they did this go around. Not even a few free kw’s

Remember setup takes time. Even if the powerwalls you speak of were charged fully when they were loaded on the truck, they would require significant time to charge up when depleted. Sunshine happens in daylight, so you're stuck with a maximum period of charging. A very slow solution for a very small number of people.

I heard that California is banning ICE cars after 2035. A number of countries in Europe have banned
ICE cars 2035 and later. It will come., like it or not. It will take another 100 years before all ICE cars are off the roads.

The killer for ICE cars is miles per charge Lucid Air has 400 Tesla has 500. Will we see a range of 700
or 1,000 miles per charge. I do 90% of my charging at home and my range today is 165 miles. Do I take trip of 300 miles or more YES. Tesla will not allow me to upgrade my Model "S" to a 500 mile range today or in the future. They want me to purchase a new Model "S".

Last edited:
Does Elon have to do everything?
Or is he the only one that seems able to do anything.

Government uses a flu to shut down small business and help to destroy US workers and help foreclosures for bankers. Small wonder suicides are up.

side note: to get a better perspective, google/internet search:
US causes of death

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I heard that California is banning ICE cars after 2035. A number of countries in Europe have banned
ICE cars 2035 and later. It will come., like it or not. It will take another 100 years before all ICE cars are off the roads.

The killer for ICE cars is miles per charge Lucid Air has 400 Tesla has 500. Will we see a range of 700
or 1,000 miles per charge. I do 90% of my charging at home and my range today is 165 miles. Do I take trip of 300 miles or more YES. Tesla will not allow me to upgrade my Model "S" to a 500 mile range today or in the future. They want me to purchase a new Model "S".
They are not banning ice cars. Simply the sale of new ice cars, which I’m 100% certain will be pushed back by whoever is in charge by then.

Last edited: