Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the $35K version really have all those initially announced limitations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the idea of a mid-level interior is pure imagination and makes no sense from a business or MFG perspective on Teslas part.

I'll have to say, I was not totally off-base on the mid-interior, the Partial Premium Interior is likely almost entirely a Premium Interior with firmware downgrades, it's all the same hardware. I'm still guessing that they'll disable the rear seat heaters as well as the additional speakers primarily in firmware. The MFG logic is to use exactly the same line to produce both without changing the assembly process at all - in fact they could firmware downgrade a Premium Interior to a Partial Premium Interior already in inventory, for better match orders to supply in the future.

I suspect they might only take the subwoofer out during or after build, since that's only a single piece that's relatively expensive and easily accessible (I had another post about a M3 in the wild without a subwoofer, also.)

More to my overall point, they indeed now have a price point every $2-3K to test demand all the way down to $35K.