Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Axis MS 21"x10 ET40 fit on the front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tirerack has been having a closeout on these for the longest time. Except they say "Front Fitment no longer available" which is their 21"x9 ET40. Is there anything stopping me from just using what they recommend for the "rear" fitment, which is 21"x10 ET40 in a square setup? I dont think theres any clearance issues right with using the 21x10 in the fronts as well as the rears? Seems like a crazy good deal for a fun change of wheel. $636 for 4 wheels.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...=MS2110512040TG&wheelFinish=Titanium+Gunmetal

thoughts anyone?

Yes, there are issues. The wheel will hit the suspension. You’re losing a whole inch of clearance on the inside. I run a 20x9 35mm offset which gives me 8mm less on the inside and I clear by just a bit. You will def hit.
Plus, 245mm front tire would look awkward/super stretched on a 10” wide wheel.
Super deal, but unfortunately will not work now that they ran out of the 9” wide fronts.

Reactions: cookie99
Yes, there are issues. The wheel will hit the suspension. You’re losing a whole inch of clearance on the inside. I run a 20x9 35mm offset which gives me 8mm less on the inside and I clear by just a bit. You will def hit.
Super deal, but unfortunately will not work now that they ran out of the 9” wide fronts.

thanks for that knowledge. very straight and to the point. I will silently cry to myself.

I considered the same wheel when both fronts/rears were available, but a) didn’t like how flat faced they were, and b) wanted to stick with 20” for range and more tire options.
Was very close to just getting the set due to the extremely low price, though, but that’s kinda the point of a true clearance/closeout deal.

Hey Doanster, just to be clear, is the 8mm clearance just on your front tires with the 20x9? the 21x10 shouldn't be a problem on the rears correct? just want to make sure I understand.

Correct. 10” wide in the back won’t be an issue (assuming you’re not running some high offset). My 10.5” wide rears with 275mm tires are fine. I had slight rubbing on the wheel liner, not because of incorrect wheel/tire choice, but because the liners are deformed/bulge out due to Tesla only using a couple rivets/fasteners. I zip-tied the bulging sections back and easily clear everything now.

I have that setup 21x9 (front) and 21x10 (rear), no issues at all.

Attachments

• 5DA9B198-E32C-4A21-A53E-DE92319D153E.jpeg
    5DA9B198-E32C-4A21-A53E-DE92319D153E.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Helpful
Reactions: wpoveromo