Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the jerk driving a white MS70 FL plate JVI M84 please explain yourself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue is whether someone can plug in your car. The charge port won't open without the car being unlocked as I said.

You're simply wrong. I do it all the time to co-workers cars. I just tried it with my hwpc with my keys on the other side of the house confirming first that I could not open the car by touching the door handle and that the app said the car was locked.

Happily opens. I've also plugged cars in at superchargers that were locked that were using the supercharger spot as a parking spot. I will continue to do so as long as the charging handle button opens charge ports.

Reactions: Rocky_H
No, I'm pressing the port cover which is what I typically use. Does the button on the cable do anything before it is plugged in? I'm not clear on how that would work on one car but not all of them nearby.

What's a UMP? You mean a mobile charging cable?

How many posts have there been in this thread where I and others said THE BUTTON ON THE CHARGE HANDLE!!!!

He unplugged and called Tesla to deal with the issue.
And they would have told him to move the car before they hung up the phone. I don't care how you want to spin it, there's no good excuse for parking at a charging station if you aren't actively charging.

BTW, people leave their cars at gas pumps all the time while they go into the store.
Yes, some people do that. They are known as "assholes." I don't care how you want to spin it, there's no good excuse for parking at a gas pump if you aren't actively filling up (and I mean for other than paying - see the theme here?).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CSFTN and sorka
People who leave their cars at gas pumps while they go into the store are not a problem if it's 2am and the gas station has lots of empty pumps available. If however there is the slightest chance that someone needing fuel will have to wait for the person who went inside the store, then not cool - just move the car into a parking spot designed for customers shopping inside the store. Same would apply for ev charging stations. Use common sense and exhibit some common courtesy.

Reactions: CSFTN
if you have alerts turned on with the app to notify when charging begins, if this was the case with me and someone plugged me in, I'd be high tailing it to the parking lot to see who made the choice to get their face busted in for touching my car.

Not that i would EVER just park and take up a spot for no reason, but F with my car, there is going to be a problem.

Sometimes it takes a minute or 2 before the app notifies you. By that time the person is long gone.

After high tailing it there, the only problem is you trying to catch your breath. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec and BrownMS
I think it makes perfect. Also, how else are the snake chargers going to open up your charge port when it's your turn if the car is locked :p

Apples v. Oranges. That was a very messy case which made it all the way up to the Supreme Court of reasoning.

This is simply software. It can be one way today and another way tomorrow.

I worked for a company military radios and they use small microcontrollers (MCUs) for everything. A circuit needed to receive commands over an SPI bus and I designed a small circuit using about 6 tiny logic ICs which are very small and very, very cheap. My choice as overridden and an MCU was decreed. Why? So changes could be made via software updates.

I'm surprised moderators have not taken this thread down. We don't know exactly why this car was left in the stall not plugged in but I consider it rude to dox people. I understand the irritation / complaint but it should have been less specific. Maybe the OP could remove personally identifying information from their post at the very least.

• Disagree
Reactions: mjptech
I'm surprised moderators have not taken this thread down. We don't know exactly why this car was left in the stall not plugged in but I consider it rude to dox people. I understand the irritation / complaint but it should have been less specific. Maybe the OP could remove personally identifying information from their post at the very least.
No! This individual deserves to be outed for rude behavior. No private information was divulged. A license plate is a legal requirement and displayed to the public.

Here's some follow-up from a poster on the tesla.com forum where I posted a similar thread:

"I was at Silverthorne yesterday (10/6/19) and that car is still there - this is not a case of someone parking there while going inside to get a coffee. It's covered in parking tickets and looks abandoned."

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H