TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will the LA Auto Show have a model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by cbin97, Nov 10, 2015.

1. cbin97

cbin97 Member

They haven't finished updating all the debut's and new cars on the LA Auto show site, but does anyone know if an X will be there?

Last year Tesla didn't have a booth, but the year before I'm almost certain they did.

2. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

#2 aija SigX 649, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    I don't know for sure - but this one seems to be a no brainer! I'd be willing to wager on it ..it would likely be the most attention grabbing car on display!
    LA Auto Show Pic.png
    Can you guess which one of these is the X :rolleyes:

3. cbin97

cbin97 Member

I agree completely it would be a swarm of people.

4. timf

timf Member

5. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

I think they would stay out for now..... they already have more reservations than they can handle and a difficult ramp in production. they might not even go to Detroit....... however, they are a little thin in Europe so think they will turn up in geneva...... just my 2 cents

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

CES 2016 I would wager there will be an X, not LA.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

In Charlotte, the Auto Show is a production of the Auto Dealer's Association. Guess what company that doesn't have a dealership model is never getting an invitation to appear in that show?

8. Petra

Petra Member

They had the early Model X on display at CES 2015, so I suspect you're right.

9. aija SigX 649

Valid point, but in my mind one can never have too many reservations! Advertising is advertising ..and this would be pretty inexpensive low hanging fruit IMHO.

Tesla needs to OWN the LA Auto Show! They are the only auto manufacturer in the State - at least for now. So strike while the iron is hot ..and the aluminum cold :wink:

10. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

The Model X at CES was in the Panasonic booth.

11. Petra

Petra Member

That's right! I completely forgot... but there were people there representing Tesla who were answering questions.

12. timf

timf Member

Tesla is still scheduled to attend Detroit and is listed on the 2016 floor plan. I look forward to seeing the Model X there!

13. cbin97

cbin97 Member

Somebody put their Sig X on Display in the downstairs private owner area at LA auto show, it would be the most popular car at the show.

14. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

That would be awesome to see!

15. simplejack

simplejack Member

Don't understand the logic not to generate sales. The statement "they have more than they can handle" doesn't make sense. Technically since they can't deliver 1 vehicle to sigs/production reservations then having 2 is too many by that logic.

Tesla has to deliver 50-60k Xs in the next 13 months to meet their projections. They don't have anywhere close to the number of reservations needed to deliver that many. If you assume a 75% deliver rate on orders (which I think is high), they would need 65-75k orders right now to sell out their expected deliveries through 2016.

Contrary to what TMC thinks, Tesla needs to sell these cars and missing out on the big shows (LA/NY/Detroit/Franfurt/etc) will not help them sell their cars.

16. hill

hill Member

I wouldn't go otherwise. The couple times I did bother to make the trip, was because for certain there was going to be something extra ordinary. The X fills that bill.

17. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

It is not about sales or promotion on the part of Tesla. It is about the show being sponsored by the DEALERS ASSOCIATION

18. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

19. hill

hill Member

So, is it safe to say that since Tesla hasn't bothered to email deposit MX holders that there'll be an X at L.A. - & there's just a few days prior to show start - that it's a definite no-go?

20. aija SigX 649

I would be extremely surprised if there was no X(s) at the show in some capacity! ..either via Tesla or private or even outside!