Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Mercedes EQS Electric Flagship Steal Tesla’s Driving Range Crown?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My post was from nearly a year ago when MB was introducing the concept car and predicted production deliveries starting in later 2021. So, fast forward nearly a year and yes, it does exist now. I am all for new EVs that kill ICE - I think EQS will do just that, but mostly replacing E and S Class sales. Price is high, features are blah, and the range estimates are in ECO mode with a max speed of 70mph and other restrictions. I hope MB succeeds with EQS, but it still does not compete with Tesla, IMO. How many will they build per year? MB does not seem to be all in on EVs (yet).
Lol! Exactly what range do you think you would get with an S (or any Tesla) if you drive 70MPH??? I hope you aren’t assuming anywhere near the optimistic EPA range. Please tell me you are not.
In the real world in most of the cars in the class of Model S you will get similar range. Other factors like charging network, desired luxury level, performance, etc… are the dimensions were relative differences will occur

Real world range is not a Tesla differentiator at a given segment

Lol! Exactly what range do you think you would get with an S (or any Tesla) if you drive 70MPH??? I hope you aren’t assuming anywhere near the optimistic EPA range. Please tell me you are not.
In the real world in most of the cars in the class of Model S you will get similar range. Other factors like charging network, desired luxury level, performance, etc… are the dimensions were relative differences will occur

Real world range is not a Tesla differentiator at a given segment
You can’t go faster than 70 in ECO mode. That restriction is a non-starter for me. If not using ECO mode, what is the range on EQS?