Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Mobile Connector I ordered come with the vehicle at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I placed my MYP order I added the $200 mobile connector option and it said a estimated delivery date of Aug to Oct. It seemed to match the estimated delivery date of the vehicle. Are they tied together? Would one come before the other?
I assume U ordered your car before APRIL otherwise it would be free
Since U ordered the mobile connector at the same time U ordered your car then logically it would be in your trunk... BUT if they are 2 separate orders then it will be perhaps delivered to your house?

I ordered MYP on Jun 10th 2022. Ok looking at the emails from Tesla they are 2 different order numbers (The car and the mobile connector). Hopefully the charger comes first. At a minimum I guess I would have to buy a charger, supercharge, or get an adaptor initially. That would be a little crazy.

But when do you get it. Before or after you take delivery of the vehicle?
No one knows yet because cars being delivered currently still come with it included. We won’t know until around August when they start delivering cars that were ordered after 4/28/22 (assuming ~3+ month lead time for April orders).

They will come from separate places as the wall connector and mobile connector ship from their parts/accessories warehouse in Southern California. So depending on inventory level and how many were ordered and when your car is built, it could come before or after.

What you’re asking is like asking if you order something from bestbuy.com and Walmart.com on the same day which one would get delivered first. They are completely separate orders.

For reference, I placed an order on June 5th for MYP and gen 3 home charger. Received the home charger last week as separate order and the EDD is Aug 22-Oct 2. Leaving me plenty of time to have charging station installed.

For reference, I placed an order on June 5th for MYP and gen 3 home charger. Received the home charger last week as separate order and the EDD is Aug 22-Oct 2. Leaving me plenty of time to have charging station installed.
Yes, Tesla (or not) prefers to have Wall Charger installed before we receive our car. Mine installed in May hoping EDD in Dec 2022, now it says Mar-June 2023. Sh$$$$$$$t

Why are people thinking lead times are that short? We ordered our Model Y way back in January, and delivery estimate isn't until December!!
Whoops didn't realize this was in the Model Y subforum. Model 3 is about 3-4 months currently. Hopefully Model Y orders made prior to April 28 will still get the mobile connector included whenever they get delivered...

Whoops didn't realize this was in the Model Y subforum. Model 3 is about 3-4 months currently.
I didn't realize there was much difference in the lead times between them--didn't think about it.
Hopefully Model Y orders made prior to April 28 will still get the mobile connector included whenever they get delivered...
Uh, no "hopefully" needed. They are legally obligated to, since it was listed as an included item when I ordered.

I didn't realize there was much difference in the lead times between them--didn't think about it.

Uh, no "hopefully" needed. They are legally obligated to, since it was listed as an included item when I ordered.
I ordered my Y in November of last year and just got it yesterday. No mobile connecter in the car, and the Tesla employee said I should get one mailed since I ordered it before they stopped including them. I’m trying to make sure I get it and don’t know where to go to request it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Informative
Reactions: E90alex and Rocky_H
I ordered my Y in November of last year and just got it yesterday. No mobile connecter in the car, and the Tesla employee said I should get one mailed since I ordered it before they stopped including them. I’m trying to make sure I get it and don’t know where to go to request it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Open a Service Request using the Tesla App. Explain that you did not receive the Tesla Mobile Connector kit when your Tesla Model Y was delivered (even though the Tesla Model Y was ordered last year.)

Did you receive the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter? This small accessory is separate from the Mobile Connector kit and should have been inside the vehicle (this adapter enables charging at public Level 2 charging stations.) Let us know Tesla Service's response.

Has anyone received the new mobile connector kit that has the 14-50 adapter with their car delivery?
So what I have been hearing is that those who have it in the car on delivery have not been getting the 14-50 adapter.
But others are getting a code to order one from their website (for free) when the car leaves the factory, me included. Those ones will get a 14-50 adapter included.

No one knows yet because cars being delivered currently still come with it included. We won’t know until around August when they start delivering cars that were ordered after 4/28/22 (assuming ~3+ month lead time for April orders).
I personally know 2 people that ordered in May (after the supposed deadline for getting an included UMC) that both received the UMC bundle with their cars and they did NOT order the unit separately as a $200 add-on. So seems it's a crapshoot and it's possible you still may get one included.