Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the model 3 be enough if a driver's car for the European market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to worry that so much focus is being placed by Tesla on autonomous driving that people who want to drive a dynamic responsive car with great feel through corners is going to be disappointed.

Here in England we rarely get a straight stretch of road and outside major cities roads are narrow and often without clear markings. I can't see autonomous driving being allowed here for decades apart from on motorways (freeways).

I've read some reports of the Model S having little steering feedback but people still seem to love them.

Any UK Model S owners on here who can give a comparison to Audi / BMW dynamics on country roads?

I think Tesla could use dynamic, adjustable shock absorbers like the competitors do. That would help with the handling. That said, Model S air suspension is not bad at all for the size of the car. It isn't exactly a sporty experience, but sort of dynamic enough IMO not to feel like a luxo-barge. But adjustable shock absorbers would help.

I'm starting to worry that so much focus is being placed by Tesla on autonomous driving that people who want to drive a dynamic responsive car with great feel through corners is going to be disappointed.

Here in England we rarely get a straight stretch of road and outside major cities roads are narrow and often without clear markings. I can't see autonomous driving being allowed here for decades apart from on motorways (freeways).

I've read some reports of the Model S having little steering feedback but people still seem to love them.

Any UK Model S owners on here who can give a comparison to Audi / BMW dynamics on country roads?
This concern would be last on my list. My S handles the curves as well or better than the 993 Porsche I sold when I bought my S and I would expect similar results from the 3. Of course your definition of a dynamic responsive car may be 180 degrees different from mine. As for autonomous driving, I see it as a gimmic and not a reason for me to buy one of these great cars.