TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Will the model 3 be enough if a driver's car for the European market?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sparkypete, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

I'm starting to worry that so much focus is being placed by Tesla on autonomous driving that people who want to drive a dynamic responsive car with great feel through corners is going to be disappointed.

Here in England we rarely get a straight stretch of road and outside major cities roads are narrow and often without clear markings. I can't see autonomous driving being allowed here for decades apart from on motorways (freeways).

I've read some reports of the Model S having little steering feedback but people still seem to love them.

Any UK Model S owners on here who can give a comparison to Audi / BMW dynamics on country roads?

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

I think Tesla could use dynamic, adjustable shock absorbers like the competitors do. That would help with the handling. That said, Model S air suspension is not bad at all for the size of the car. It isn't exactly a sporty experience, but sort of dynamic enough IMO not to feel like a luxo-barge. But adjustable shock absorbers would help.

3. azred

azred Member

This concern would be last on my list. My S handles the curves as well or better than the 993 Porsche I sold when I bought my S and I would expect similar results from the 3. Of course your definition of a dynamic responsive car may be 180 degrees different from mine. As for autonomous driving, I see it as a gimmic and not a reason for me to buy one of these great cars.