Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model S finally get a HUD (heads up display)??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's been a LOT of chatter of the Model 3 getting a HUD since there's no dash and Tesla just hired a guy who made a HUD for a Beamer motorcycle helmet.
From what I've read, installing a traditional HUD needs to be designed into the car due to the hole in the dash, but maybe this guy can make a smaller unit? All the traditional Luxury cars have them and it's sorely lacking on the S, IMO.
I would feel short changed if the Model 3 had it and the S didn't.

If Tesla wanted to add it it's a cinch. It's just another display and a different windshield. I suspect we won't see it on this iteration of the Model S though. I do hope the 3 has it however. I'm not digging the center instrument cluster.

IF the 3 has an optional HUD (I emphasize the "if", and am sure that if there is a HUD will be an option) than I believe the S and the X will be redesigned to include the same HUD as standard, and the S and X will be produced with it just before the 3 goes into production.

A HUD could be really great, and there is no way that Tesla would restrict it to the 3.

This is all speculation. We won't know for at least 18 months.