Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model S fit in my garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Here's my garage clearance... It's the width of my iPhone 6 (not plus).., about 2 inches. It's really no problem pulling in everyday.

So my garage is about 87.5" wide. It's also tough to get into with retaining walls on each side. Do you think it's possible to reasonably get into the garage, and will any of the automatic parking and/or sensor features help? I'm also worried about scraping... any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

My garage door opening is 93" wide. With mirrors extended there is a total of ~6.9" to spare - i.e. under 3.5" a side, though it looks a heck of a lot less than that as I pull in.

With mirrors folded I have about 7.8" to spare on each side

No problem to drive in slowly and park (creep mode), using the mirrors extended as a centering guide. If I approach a bit too close on one side I'll press the button to fold in the mirrors. Took a bit of practice and nerves at first but now easy.

Summon will pull the car in and out safely though this narrow door (it always retracts the mirrors first) but in my case it's not so useful to summon park because it won't pull in close enough to the wall - min 8" setting but I need it to almost touch the wall to leave enough door clearance from the rear.

As others suggested, an overnight test drive or garage fit appointment is what you can ask for, that's what I did - the Tesla advisor knew my concern and offered me the overnight test. But looks like the driveway slope may be more of an issue for you than width

My garage door opening is 93" wide. With mirrors extended there is a total of ~6.9" to spare - i.e. under 3.5" a side, though it looks a heck of a lot less than that as I pull in.

With mirrors folded I have about 7.8" to spare on each side

No problem to drive in slowly and park (creep mode), using the mirrors extended as a centering guide. If I approach a bit too close on one side I'll press the button to fold in the mirrors. Took a bit of practice and nerves at first but now easy.

Summon will pull the car in and out safely though this narrow door (it always retracts the mirrors first) but in my case it's not so useful to summon park because it won't pull in close enough to the wall - min 8" setting but I need it to almost touch the wall to leave enough door clearance from the rear.

As others suggested, an overnight test drive or garage fit appointment is what you can ask for, that's what I did - the Tesla advisor knew my concern and offered me the overnight test. But looks like the driveway slope may be more of an issue for you than width

You are correct, the slope is more of an issue. I had an appointment for a garage fit today and the advisor bottomed out the car. It was a standard suspension model so I'm hoping the air suspension will help. We shall see.