Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will the Model S or X seats fit in a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love vegan leather!
The PU material feels very delicate to me and I'm always worried about scratching or tearing it. I prefer cloth. I have no trouble keeping my car interior clean, so cloth easily wins for me. It looks better, it feels better, it doesn't get burning hot in summer or freezing cold in winter, so doesn't need heating or cooling, it ages better (than real leather at least), and hides dust better, so looks cleaner for longer. IMO cloth materials are premium compared to leather or fake leather.

Reactions: RobRain
I own a model 3 for 3 days now, I love the car, but I have serious back pains from the seats.
Something a have never experience before in all the previous cars I owned.
I don't want to return the car for this, and was hoping the seats of the model X of S would fit in the model 3 and work properly.
Does anyone know? Thank you
@Alexgout, I wonder if you are like me, but I don't like leather and vegan leather and I wish it was possible to choose cloth instead.
I found leather and vegan leather to be very hot in the summer and difficult to get warm in the winter.

So I installed some neoprene seat covers (Wet Okole) both for protection and also for adding comfort.
The sickness of the neoprene is about 5 mm and gives a little bit the feeling of memory foam.

I wonder if this could help in your situation.

Note: There is also inside the back seat a little pump that you could use to inflate a balloon, which could help to improve your position.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: corndog and Smytty
The PU material feels very delicate to me and I'm always worried about scratching or tearing it.
I prefer cloth. I have no trouble keeping my car interior clean, so cloth easily wins for me.
It looks better, it feels better, it doesn't get burning hot in summer or freezing cold in winter,
so doesn't need heating or cooling, it ages better (than real leather at least),
and hides dust better, so looks cleaner for longer.
IMO cloth materials are premium compared to leather or fake leather.
@corndog, so amusing, I discovered your posting just after posting mine talking about the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: corndog
I own a model 3 for 3 days now, I love the car, but I have serious back pains from the seats. Something a have never experience before in all the previous cars I owned. I don't want to return the car for this, and was hoping the seats of the model X of S would fit in the model 3 and work properly. Does enyone know?

Thank you
Found this tread because I'm currently looking for a seat from an S to attempt this myself. Love the car, hate the seats! Unfortunately it's nothing but typical forum replies... no answers with a heavy dose of of opinion and off topic rhetoric. Reminds me of a debate I experienced. ;)

I don't think you're going to get an answer on this without some trial on your own. Personally (and in my opinion) most Tesla owners lack the experience and or don't own tools to tackle such a task. Sorry Tesla owners... it's just the truth I've experienced.

Reactions: DrHoon
Found this tread because I'm currently looking for a seat from an S to attempt this myself. Love the car, hate the seats! Unfortunately it's nothing but typical forum replies... no answers with a heavy dose of of opinion and off topic rhetoric. Reminds me of a debate I experienced. ;)

I don't think you're going to get an answer on this without some trial on your own. Personally (and in my opinion) most Tesla owners lack the experience and or don't own tools to tackle such a task. Sorry Tesla owners... it's just the truth I've experienced.
Guessing you never did this swap even after calling everyone out, ha

Looking at the parts films, it looks like a surprising amount of parts including the metal frame could be shared between Model S and Model 3 seats. Would be interesting to see if the padding and seat covers could be retrofitted to a Model 3 seat.

Does anyone know the size measurements of the Model S front seats of the newer version form 2018 ish?