Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model Y have third row seating?

Do you think the Model Y will have third row seating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were some leaks that said it would include a third row (at least an option).

It may be difficult to squeeze a third row on the Model 3 platform while maintaining an aerodynamic shape. Part of me thinks this may result in a backward "jump seat" like the model S had, only hopefully this one will be sized to fit adults.

I voted yes because that's what I need. We currently have a 7 seater X. 4 kids..... Eventually all will be going to school. Oldest is turning 8, youngest was just born. Eventually will all go to school. Wife drops off I pick them up after work. So..... I need a 7 seater, or else it's another X. Unnecessary waste of money though when Y would do as a 7 seater.

There were some leaks that said it would include a third row (at least an option).

It may be difficult to squeeze a third row on the Model 3 platform while maintaining an aerodynamic shape. Part of me thinks this may result in a backward "jump seat" like the model S had, only hopefully this one will be sized to fit adults.
I saw that same leak, but interesting that half of the people still voted no. I guess with Tesla the only thing that is constant is change.

A third row could fit. The model 3 wheelbase and overall size is about the same as a Toyota Highlander. The Highlander is a 7 or 8 seater. Depends on what kind of "Box" Elon wants on top of the frame

Hmm. I don't need to seat 7, but what I do really want is to be able to seat 5 FULL-sized people comfortably, which no traditional 2-row "5-seater" vehicle can do.

I notice that the second row seats all fold independently, including the middle seat. So I'm wondering if with the middle seat folded to provide legroom, the third row could be decently comfortable for at least one not-overly-tall adult, a la the Model X 6-seater. Depending on the exact positioning of the seats, that might or might not work out well.

Seems promising, but I guess I'll have to wait 2 years to know for sure. Which I definitely don't need a MY before then, and probably can't really afford one before then either. But it's a little anti-climactic, because preordering is fun! :oops: