TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

will the new braking system also be on the P85?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by DenmarkP85, Oct 12, 2014.

1. DenmarkP85

DenmarkP85 Member

he spoke as it would apply as a general update.. but is it so? hope so :)

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Since all cars now being produced have the autopilot hardware, I'd think they'd also have the electromechanical braking system (since it's needed for autopilot).

3. DenmarkP85

DenmarkP85 Member

that would be very nice... I ordered with pro seats.. wonder what they will install now when the new seats are in the P85D

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I don't think P85 seats will change...not any time soon. I think the D will have that premium interior option as a distinguishing feature for the D. Although Tesla mentioned that a retrofit would be available (they do look comfortable!), it probably won't be cheap.