Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the new S roof block enough heat? Or is a sunshade the way to go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
When I test drove a 3 and Y a couple of months ago, it was only about 70 out but sunny, and you could really feel the overhead sun.
I don't know what the S will be like - I do see it is a single pane.
I haven't seen a retractable type for the prior S - does the S roof do a better job of heat rejection than the 3 and Y, or will I likely need a sunshade for those (rare) hot sunny days in NJ?
I know I can precondition the car as well. Anxious for mine to come in, so fixating....thanks for any tips!

I have a 2018 Model S and I wondered the same thing. Should I get a roof sunshade? Or have it tinted?

The good news is, neither. I'm glad I waited. I am in Southern California and even here, there's no need for it. On a very hot day, I use the app to turn on the AC before I get in the car. When I'm driving, I don't feel much heat at all transmitted through the Pano-skylight.

Instead, I went straight to a PPF dealer after picking up the car at the dealer and had the entire car covered with a PPF. Best money I ever spent. 3 years later, car lookseven better than when I first got it. Here it is recently, after getting detailed and adding EVAnnex wheel rims. (Too many close brushes with curbs)

Attachments

• output_image1623709598931.jpg
    output_image1623709598931.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 82
  • output_image1623709621360.jpg
    output_image1623709621360.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 64