TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will The Real Sequoia Green Please Stand Up

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tommy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Tommy

Tommy Member

#1 Tommy, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Much like the Pacific Blue color, the Sequoia Green also takes to light like a chameleon. Here are some side profiles shots of the Sequoia Green. I grabbed these off of various posts and naturally want to give credit and acknowledge their work. Please feel free to post other shots of the green car in different lighting. The post's intent is to help those unable to see the car in person decide.

i-FrdWDWL.jpg _MG_2235.jpg tesla6.jpg IMG0754.jpg IMG0749.jpg i-zx3qX6P.jpg i-GX5bqg9.jpg 07 21 12_6543.jpg tesla8.jpg IMG0756.jpg IMG0750.jpg IMG_0330.JPG i-Nbh9sTx.jpg i-bWL74N7.jpg Tesla model S - Green.JPG IMG0752.jpg IMG_0331.JPG i-pM5W9n3.jpg

P.S. My Bad guy/gals; I deleted the attachments inadvertently.

2. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

These pictures are great - thanks for putting them up!

3. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

It's interesting. The blue looks black in some light. The green looks dark grey. Both unusual and intriguing colors.

4. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Thanks for these threads. I didn't care for the dark green--still don't--but your other post is changing my mind about the blue, which I was on the fence about. ;-) I really need a parking lot full of all Tesla colours (to look at).... ;-)

5. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

Thanks for posting! Seeing this has made it exponentially more difficult to decide between the blue and green... bugger...

6. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Y'all are trusting your cameras and browsers waaay too much. Without gray cards in each photo and a color managed path to your screen, everything here is suspect.

In addition, 'depth' in car paint is often a desirable quality - it keeps things fun and interesting, and makes that golden hour sunset drive that much more special. I doubt that the green is as blue-ish as it appears (to me, on my laptop) in the above photos.

'Color is hard' (insert Barbie meme here)

7. kendallpb

To clarify my comment above: I saw the green in person and the pix were (they're gone now!) pretty close to what I remember seeing. But I hear ya re. color being hard. :p

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Where'd they go? When did they disappear?

9. ferrarimanf355

In some of the pics it looks like the Dark Highland Green from the Bullitt Mustang. Just sayin'.

10. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Here are some pics of Green car I took at the Wash. DC event.

Attached Files:

11. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

More pics from DC event.

Attached Files:

12. kendallpb

Sorry, when I wrote that comment, none of the pix loaded. (shrug) They're there now. Sunspots, maybe? ;-)

13. MikeK

#13 MikeK, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here's a really short video I shot today. The green car departed from the shade into the sunlight just as the Dolphin Grey came back. Handheld camera, slightly shaky. I had 1 minute of battery left when I shot it! :)

I suggest watching that on YouTube itself, where you can up the resolution to the best your computer can support and play it full screen.

Also, there are some shots of the green in the video I posted here: Multi Color Walk-Around Video

14. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

MikeK,
    Thanks a ton for these!
    My choices were initially green vs blue....but then brown and silver look cool as well.....

Not helping me a lot in narrowing down the choices :eek:

15. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Great videos, @MikeK! Thanks. I'm happy to say that, after watching these, I have absolutely no buyer's-regret about choosing the green.

16. Tommy

Tommy Member

Ditto Robert; your concern about the blue mimicking the black color as far as maintenance goes (keeping it shinny and spot free) mirrored mine exactly. As much as I loved the blue, the green looks amazing as well and looks like the finish should be easier to keep pristine.

17. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

Green is stunning when clean and polished. But I've also seen it with some road dust on it, and (like most cars), when dirty is not so stunning. Either way, I still like it very much.

18. MikeK

#18 MikeK, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here's another video I shot at the Palo Alto event. The Green Model S starts out in the shade, and then pulls out into the sun, as seen from the other side. This one is a bit shaky as well, but I've tried YouTube's stabilizing function. We'll see if it improves things or not.