Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Shanghai 2022 Model 3 have a USB port for the Dashcam/Sentry mode flash drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any reason to think it would not? You need the USB for media playback too.
I'm seeing here and there including posts from Australia and New Zealand, who will be receiving the Shanghai version, that the USB port for Dashcam and Sentry Mode is no longer in place or has been moved to some remote spot if at all? Doing a little research for my buddy "Max" from New Zealand who should be taking delivery of his Chinese Made Model 3 in the next couple of weeks.

I'm seeing here and there including posts from Australia and New Zealand, who will be receiving the Shanghai version, that the USB port for Dashcam and Sentry Mode is no longer in place or has been moved to some remote spot if at all? Doing a little research for my buddy "Max" from New Zealand who should be taking delivery of his Chinese Made Model 3 in the next couple of weeks.
Even in the US, due to parts shortages they have removed data functionality from the center console ports, but the glovebox USB-A port (which Tesla include a USB drive in) still works for Dashcam functionality.

Do you have links to the threads you are talking about?