TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will the showroom in Arizona allow me to reserve a Model 3?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by asimo3089, Feb 11, 2016.

1. asimo3089

asimo3089 Member

Arizona has a ban on direct sales. Will I be able to reserve a Model 3 on the 31st or do I need to travel out of state to reserve. I'm not going to risk ordering online a day later. I feel like demand will be insane, and their website won't hold up well either.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

According to this post, Model 3: $1000 reservation - Page 4, it seems they will be taking reservations in Texas, which has even more strict laws than Arizona. Best thing is to call the Scottsdale Gallery.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

more than likely the advisor will refer you to the Tesla website where you can configure your car, place a deposit and finalize the transaction. how delivery is handled I cannot say

4. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

I don't see why they wouldn't. I paid my deposit at the gallery in Scottsdale for my S.

5. asimo3089

asimo3089 Member

So I called my showroom today and they sounded really unsure. They acted like I should call back when it's a lot closer to March 31st. I was expecting a direct yes or no today but got a big "You could always order online" which is what I wanted to avoid. I want the chance to order in store to avoid possible website crashes and huge demand.

I'm feeling optimistic though that you can reserve a Model 3 in these states banning direct sales. Hearing that nh-srt8 paid a deposit in store and that Texas is apparently confident they can do reservations is making me hopeful that I won't have to go out of state.

6. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

My Texas gallery rep said they will take my deposit. Direct sales is also banned in Texas.

7. Nomad

Nomad Member

I wonder if they will physically take your deposit, or simply direct you to one of their computers with a website to place your deposit.