Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Tesla Model 3 have the 17in touchscreen standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way will it be half that size. I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" tablet and there's NO WAY that can be practical in the center stack (I have a Camry, about the size a Model 3 will be). I can see a 15" screen going there, though I'd still prefer the full 17" since that's actually one of the CHEAPER parts of the car when it comes to costs.

A kindle 8.9 is ~25% the size of the model S screen.

The 17" model s screen simply will not fit in the model 3. That car will be 4-5" narrower than the model S, much of that coming from between the front seats.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the aspect ratio and dash packaging.

The touch screen is a Tesla staple so yes, it will have one. What it up in the air is just how big and whether Model 3 gets the drive's side display as well. Elon said in January 2014 in Germany that Model 3 would probably have a 12" centre screen and possibly no driver side one to save on costs.

I'd also suggest that the frunk and the flush door handles are Tesla staples as well so I'd hope at least the frunk is a given. Elon stated Model 3 wouldn't have as may features as Model S does.

I'm sure they will do it right, whatever size. BMW still couldn't get it right in their i3. Went I sat in it, I couldn't believe it was so small. I thought, "That's it? Wow."

I looked at some screenshots and expected something tiny, but that's just looks like what I have in my Mercedes and I'm used from all other cars. I don't get why people need a giant screen in the car. Only thing I could see a big screen be nice is for maps, but then again 99% of the time I listen to directions and just look at the arrows.

I looked at some screenshots and expected something tiny, but that's just looks like what I have in my Mercedes and I'm used from all other cars. I don't get why people need a giant screen in the car. Only thing I could see a big screen be nice is for maps, but then again 99% of the time I listen to directions and just look at the arrows.

The reason for a big screen is being it's intuitive.

Take a test drive and you will understand why a larger screen is a significant improvement over the small screen most cars have.
While I don't own a Tesla (waiting for a Model 3), I've driven the Model S several times and the larger screen is one reason it is such a great driving experience.