Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the TPMS sensors work in a 2021-2022 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they will not.

The newer cars have a specific bluetooth sensor, the old type will not work in the new cars. Also, the new bluetooth sensor TPMS will not work in the older model 3 / Y either.

As for "what is bluetooth for", you would have to ask tesla why they swapped to a proprietary TPMS setup, but the new ones connect via the bluetooth protocol vs the old ones which use an industry standard type connection to the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and Tes3P
No, they will not.

The newer cars have a specific bluetooth sensor, the old type will not work in the new cars. Also, the new bluetooth sensor TPMS will not work in the older model 3 / Y either.

As for "what is bluetooth for", you would have to ask tesla why they swapped to a proprietary TPMS setup, but the new ones connect via the bluetooth protocol vs the old ones which use an industry standard type connection to the car.
Why? because they already have Bluetooth proximity radios all over the car for keyless entry. Why have yet another proprietary radio system (at each wheel) just for tire pressure. Guarantee this will be the new standard over time.

No, they will not.

Thank you! What I needed to know before paying for those high dollar sensors.

Amazon has them for $249.95 and free shipping with Prime. That's expensive sensors but the least expensive I've found. Guess I will order those. Thanks for the help!

Tesla doesnt discount those bluetooth sensors (either to end users or to other shops that sell car parts) so if you are finding them for less than what tesla charges directly for them, I would look side eyed at that purchase, if they are supposed to be new ones.

They are $95 each from tesla:

Any third party (including amazon) will likely be selling them for more each than that, if they are the legitimate ones and the sensors were purchased brand new from tesla.

If your price is $249 EACH then you are likely overpaying, there are approved vendors here that tend to have them in stock, but sell them for enough to make it worth their while in dealing with it (but not marked up to 249 each).

If you are talking about 249 for a set of 4, then those are likely not the right sensors, not new, or some other thing I would be looking side eyed at.

Tesla doesnt discount those bluetooth sensors (either to end users or to other shops that sell car parts) so if you are finding them for less than what tesla charges directly for them, I would look side eyed at that purchase, if they are supposed to be new ones.

They are $95 each from tesla:

Any third party (including amazon) will likely be selling them for more each than that, if they are the legitimate ones and the sensors were purchased brand new from tesla.

If your price is $249 EACH then you are likely overpaying, there are approved vendors here that tend to have them in stock, but sell them for enough to make it worth their while in dealing with it (but not marked up to 249 each).

If you are talking about 249 for a set of 4, then those are likely not the right sensors, not new, or some other thing I would be looking side eyed at.
Says for 4 for Tesla Model 3 Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

It looks like those are Tsportline branded ones instead of the official Tesla ones. Try em out and report back.
They are indeed our sensors and work great for all models programmed to read to the factory bluetooth receiver.
Model 3 (October 2020-Present)
Model Y (All)
Model S (06.2021-Present)
Model X (10.2021-Present)

They're also on sale with many other great accessories now until the end of the month.

They are indeed our sensors and work great for all models programmed to read to the factory bluetooth receiver.
Model Y (All)

They're also on sale with many other great accessories now until the end of the month.
Just placed an order. Thanks!

Model Y (All)

Great, thanks for chiming in so quickly.

Very nice for people to have options that work on this!