Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be a delivery sprint to the end of the quarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In previous quarters, it's been my understanding that the final weeks and days are high pressure times to deliver as many cars as possible to get good numbers for the quarter. I am wondering if we will see the same, especially given the concerns around the tax credit. Will Canada be the site of the delivery extravaganza or will it be more tame all the way around? If a blitz delivery begins, when will it start? Thoughts?

In previous quarters, it's been my understanding that the final weeks and days are high pressure times to deliver as many cars as possible to get good numbers for the quarter. I am wondering if we will see the same, especially given the concerns around the tax credit. Will Canada be the site of the delivery extravaganza or will it be more tame all the way around? If a blitz delivery begins, when will it start? Thoughts?

Nothing in USA. June for Tesla is like pre-season football for the NFL - your "team" goes thru' the motions, give everyone a reasonable amount of exercise but they don't risk injury before the season starts: July 1st. I don't think Tesla has sent out an invite to configure in weeks and I don't think production is yet straining past 4000 a week. I think the plan is to get workers comfortable with shifts and run the line at two-thirds speed until the real season starts..IMHO

I think the blitz has already started, in Canada, where I have seen that they are doing ~200 deliveries a day at a temporary location in Ontario. (And there are supposed to be multiple of these temporary locations in other provinces.)

I live about 30 miles or so away from the Fremont factory. I've never really noticed car carriers with Teslas before, but in the past week or so I've seen a TON of them loaded with new Teslas. They seem to be headed are heading north on I 680 towards the Bencia/Carquinez area, which I know is used by other makers for rail and sea transit. Not that many Model 3s but a lot of Model Xs...I've seen hundreds of them being transported in the past week.

Interesting, with all the focus on the model 3, I wonder how the Model X and Model S deliveries will be handled at the end of the quarter? Obviously higher margin cars so they are a win-win from a year-end numbers perspective- drive up deliveries and revenues/profits.

I wonder to what extent they may ship in high numbers but delay deliveries? Basically, building inventory on the lot for a July 1 push?

Are there any other first-hand accounts of Canadian deliveries- how many locations and what type of daily numbers? The last I read on here there was a lot of frustration with how it was going in at least one location with a lot of new hires.

They have been sitting on my order for 9 weeks now. Feels more like a marathon building up to a Jell-O legs stumble over the finish line . I'm not real in tune with their historical patterns, but it seems like trying to cram US deliveries in the weekend before 4th of July could result in a lot of deferred appointments.

Clearly they are throttling US deliveries so they do not pass 200k cars in this quarter. They are bias to helping majority of customers get their federal rebates, not trying to bolster this quarter numbers in the US. I’m sure they will be sprinting to the finish line in other countries tho (such as Canada)

I know deliveries for S/X in Norway are looking to be up by around 30% over last quarter. Basucally already matched last quarter.
I believe there was a rush in Q4 17, if I remember right the news of 4 month delay just came out for M3, so anybody who was on the fence about it bought S/X instead, so the total S/X was 30K. Then Q1 18 went sort of slow with 20K S/X sold.

Let's collectively pray to the media and political gods that this 'story' does not hit the press and make its way to the hallowed halls of Congress. Accusations of 'gaming the system' and 'taxpayers subsidizing the rich' would be exhausting.
Uh, so filing by itemization instead of standard deduction is gaming the tax system too because it nets you bigger rebate? How's following the law = gaming? Even POTUS uses his investment loss to avoid paying Federal tax