Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be a Ludicrous-type of option?

Would you purchase a Model 3 Ludicrous-type option?

• Yes, I would buy a Ludicrous-type option

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • No, I would not buy a Ludicrous-type option

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RWD only

Not for a long time. It's a $10,000 upgrade for the Model S, and no one's going to pay 30% more for a car to go slightly faster, and the Model 3 will be RWD only anyway (per a statement by Musk, and it's common sense... which I'll go into now...)

I see all these expected features threads, and you have to remember this thing is a *third* of the cost of a Model S. And it's not like the seatbelts, nuts, bolts, tires, glass for the windshield, sun visors, cupholders, pedals, instrument panels, or a million other things are a third of the cost; this means every fun thing will be gone in the base Model 3. And then probably a lot of bundles (autopilot, supercharging, extended range, AWD) will be piled on to get a $45k-$55k Model 3 that actually makes some profit for Tesla. Any true luxury on top of that may certainly be available, I just don't see it for the initial model year release. Tesla probably doesn't want to even offer a $75k Model 3 because it would skew the perception of it being affordable.

Musk did talk about offering M3 buyers RWD and AWD as an option.

If it's still a $10k upgrade to get 0.3 seconds quicker, I'll probably pass. I mean really, the P85D I test drove was more than enough. I could never justify $10k for that bump in speed (if I could I would already be driving a Tesla). I'd max out my Model 3 at around $70k. Hopefully that will give me a P--D with the maximum battery, autopilot, upgraded interior, nice paint and a couple more options

Did anyone vote "Yes, I would buy a Ludicrous-type option..." without having already test driven with Ludicrous-mode?

I ask because I had a test drive today in a P90D(L) and it was intense. More than my head liked (felt like my head was being squeezed, lol)... mind the Tesla rep did have me do it around a bend (that was kind of nuts).