Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be a Model X Beta Event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems right in line with everything that has been said so far. I still expect to see my X (Signature # 2) near the end of this year or sometime in Q1 next year.

Bonnie I have to ask I know it's not in the same train as the rest of the forum. But I know you are two my question is who is SIG 1? Do you know them? How close were you to getting 1? Thank you.

Tony SIG X #911

Bonnie I have to ask I know it's not in the same train as the rest of the forum. But I know you are two my question is who is SIG 1? Do you know them? How close were you to getting 1? Thank you.

Tony SIG X #911
She, Princess TESLA, just recently answered this very question.
He's here on the forum, though not extremely active. Since he fessed up to having #1 in the past, I'm not violating any privacy by saying it's Ken Adelman. Some of you may know him from his California coastline mapping project (http://www.californiacoastline.org/ ) for which generations into the future will owe him a huge thank you.

If I had to lose the #1 spot, he's a good guy to lose it to.

Cheers,
Princess TESLA Assistant ;)

A thread in the investor forum had a post suggesting that Fremont would shut down for a line addition in late July.

I think that's a good time for the company to install Model X specific assembly equipment… so maybe they can start building Beta vehicles in August.

I'm hoping for a Beta unveil event in Sept.

It sounds like they are just starting to build betas now. They aren't going to be able to keep it under wraps for long if they are out testing in public, so I'm hopeful they will have some sort of reveal in the next month or so. Seeing as they just had a big event a month ago for the D, they may choose to reveal it just through a blog entry or website update. I'm planning to be in California in early December so I have my fingers crossed for some type of event, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

I figure now that we know the car is delayed, what do you think about the chances of a Beta reveal event and when?

Shareholder letter from yesterday states that initial Betas are being built now. I predict spy photos by early December, and a reveal early next year (hopefully January) when Tesla is confident that the Betas are good enough to represent the final product.

since the X has been delayed again I think they will try to milk the media with another good event around the betas or the final production ready vehicle. and I have my bets on that happening on or around the date of the original reveal. this would sync well with the production finally starting in late summer and deliveries early fall.

Maybe they'll do it on the THREE YEAR anniversary of the initial reveal (shouldn't reveal-to-market time get shorter?)

That would also fit in with the time line of initial Sig production in Q3 2015. I do believe TM would like to have something relatively new to display at the Detroit show in January. Maybe the reveal is just before or after the new year and then the beta is displayed at the auto show?

That would also fit in with the time line of initial Sig production in Q3 2015. I do believe TM would like to have something relatively new to display at the Detroit show in January. Maybe the reveal is just before or after the new year and then the beta is displayed at the auto show?

I thought the new Michigan law was going to prevent them from attending the Detroit show? It's clearly a form of advertising in the state of Michigan...
Walter

I thought the new Michigan law was going to prevent them from attending the Detroit show? It's clearly a form of advertising in the state of Michigan...
Walter
I believe that is open to interpretation. I would be surprised if they were not allowed to attend. It would probably generate more positive publicity for TM and anger at the ICE exhibitors by excluding them. If they deny them I Buber it would be great for some local owners or even TM staff to drive a number of model Ss around the event.

Walter
Honestly, this is genius. It would be the best PR EVER for Tesla (well, since Broder). Can you imagine if they held a Model X reveal in either Fremont or at Space X during the Detroit Auto Show? It would get great press for many reasons - kicked out little guy takes on the establishment, Model X probably being cooler than all other cars at the show, 65 and sunny for outdoor tent event (I know that's a coin toss) vs. 33 and sleeting under grey skies, etc.

I love it!

Tesla, think about it.

Honestly, this is genius. It would be the best PR EVER for Tesla (well, since Broder). Can you imagine if they held a Model X reveal in either Fremont or at Space X during the Detroit Auto Show? It would get great press for many reasons - kicked out little guy takes on the establishment, Model X probably being cooler than all other cars at the show, 65 and sunny for outdoor tent event (I know that's a coin toss) vs. 33 and sleeting under grey skies, etc.

I love it!

Tesla, think about it.
I agree, why would we want to do anything in Michigan when we cannot sell cars there. Do it in California at the factory in mild weather. Pr statement "we are not allowed at the Detroit auto show" so decided to have our event in California where we are allowed to sell our cars.

I love it!

Tesla, think about it.

Love it! Goes to show that Tesla can generate it's own "auto show" and media buzz whenever it wants to. The whole world is watching every move Tesla makes now.