Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be a Sport version of Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dual motors? Really? On a sedan? Why is everyone so confident about that? Have I missed something?

Ummm, the Model S has dual motors. Why wouldn't the Model ≡? It adds performance and handling (as well as redundancy, but that use case is pretty rare). The Audi S4 Quattro has all-wheel-drive too. You may not feel it is necessary, but w/ the instant torque and control offered by a Tesla drive train, it sure is great to drive.

Due to the discontinuing of the 60 and 85 battery options, I think the logical battery option for the Model 3 will be 70. This would give the required range, even if the car was made with more steel, which is a possibility. Also, Elon already said there would be an AWD version of the Model 3.

Compared to everything else on the market as an electric vehicle for under $40,000 -- EVERY version of Model ≡ will be a relative 'SPORT' edition. I expect a 300 HP, 300 lb-ft torque motor to be the bare minimum to be paired with a 60 kWh battery pack capacity in the base version of Model ≡. It's performance characteristics will be on par with a BMW 335i/340i -- or better -- in base trim. If a Performance edition is released, it will blow the doors off of BMW M3, AUDI S4, Cadillac ATS-V, Jaguar XE, and whomever else pokes their nose out of the garage in class. In short? File this one under 'DUH.'

Reactions: EinSV