Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be enough CCS Superchargers when RHD Model 3 comes to UK later in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be enough CCS Superchargers when RHD Model 3 comes to UK later in 2019?

Having reserved a Model 3 in late 2018 I am hoping I will be invited to place an order for a RHD Model 3 later in 2019.

However, I am feeling very nervous given about every 2 weeks I drive from Southampton (on UK south coast) to Conwy in North Wales, a journey of about 280-miles and then back again about week later in my Prius, with a journey time of just over 5-hours for each trip - including a short break of 15-mins.

My route going north is M27, M3, A34, M40, M42, M6 (or M6 toll), M54, A5, A470.

But what really scares me at this time looking on-line, is that I can only see 2 CCS Superchargers at Warwick on M40 and 2 CCS Superchargers at Telford M54.

Now the positions for those for my jouney are perfect - but only 4 CCS Superchargers in two locations for a 280-mile journey and when a huge number of Model 3s will eventually be coming to the UK.

That I find scary and possibly off putting from ordering when invited to do so - unless all Superchargers can get modified to also provide CCS charging ?

Please advise and hopefully put my mind at rest - thank you.

Having reserved a Model 3 in late 2018 I am hoping I will be invited to place an order for a RHD Model 3 later in 2019.

However, I am feeling very nervous given about every 2 weeks I drive from Southampton (on UK south coast) to Conwy in North Wales, a journey of about 280-miles and then back again about week later in my Prius, with a journey time of just over 5-hours for each trip - including a short break of 15-mins.

My route going north is M27, M3, A34, M40, M42, M6 (or M6 toll), M54, A5, A470.

But what really scares me at this time looking on-line, is that I can only see 2 CCS Superchargers at Warwick on M40 and 2 CCS Superchargers at Telford M54.

Now the positions for those for my jouney are perfect - but only 4 CCS Superchargers in two locations for a 280-mile journey and when a huge number of Model 3s will eventually be coming to the UK.

That I find scary and possibly off putting from ordering when invited to do so - unless all Superchargers can get modified to also provide CCS charging ?

Please advise and hopefully put my mind at rest - thank you.

Once the model 3 FINALLY arrives in the UK, it's not going to be flooded with cars. So no need to worry unnecessarily about charging congestion - something that might never happen. I'm sure you can find something more deserving to be worried about.