Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be enough CCS Superchargers when RHD Model 3 comes to UK later in 2019?

Will there be enough CCS Superchargers when RHD Model 3 comes to UK later in 2019?

Having reserved a Model 3 in late 2018 I am hoping I will be invited to place an order for a RHD Model 3 later in 2019.

However, I am feeling very nervous given about every 2 weeks I drive from Southampton (on UK south coast) to Conwy in North Wales, a journey of about 280-miles and then back again about week later in my Prius, with a journey time of just over 5-hours for each trip - including a short break of 15-mins.

My route going north is M27, M3, A34, M40, M42, M6 (or M6 toll), M54, A5, A470.

But what really scares me at this time looking on-line, is that I can only see 2 CCS Superchargers at Warwick on M40 and 2 CCS Superchargers at Telford M54.

Now the positions for those for my jouney are perfect - but only 4 CCS Superchargers in two locations for a 280-mile journey and when a huge number of Model 3s will eventually be coming to the UK.

That I find scary and possibly off putting from ordering when invited to do so - unless all Superchargers can get modified to also provide CCS charging ?

Please advise and hopefully put my mind at rest - thank you.

Having reserved a Model 3 in late 2018 I am hoping I will be invited to place an order for a RHD Model 3 later in 2019.

However, I am feeling very nervous given about every 2 weeks I drive from Southampton (on UK south coast) to Conwy in North Wales, a journey of about 280-miles and then back again about week later in my Prius, with a journey time of just over 5-hours for each trip - including a short break of 15-mins.

My route going north is M27, M3, A34, M40, M42, M6 (or M6 toll), M54, A5, A470.

But what really scares me at this time looking on-line, is that I can only see 2 CCS Superchargers at Warwick on M40 and 2 CCS Superchargers at Telford M54.

Now the positions for those for my jouney are perfect - but only 4 CCS Superchargers in two locations for a 280-mile journey and when a huge number of Model 3s will eventually be coming to the UK.

That I find scary and possibly off putting from ordering when invited to do so - unless all Superchargers can get modified to also provide CCS charging ?

Please advise and hopefully put my mind at rest - thank you.

Once the model 3 FINALLY arrives in the UK, it's not going to be flooded with cars. So no need to worry unnecessarily about charging congestion - something that might never happen. I'm sure you can find something more deserving to be worried about.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC