Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will these Ford Performance wheels fit the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I am taking delivery of my first Tesla next week, and I have a bit of a strange question.. I am selling my Mustang GT which has these 19 inch Performance Pack wheels, and I wonder if they will fit on the Model 3? Im very noobie when it comes to wheels so I have no idea...

Reason why is I want to use them as winter tyres...

The front wheels are 9 inch I assume, size 255/40/19
Rear wheels 9,5 inch, size 275/40/19

I found this information on the wheels:

- Size: 19" x 9" (front) and 19” x 9.5” (rear)
- Lugs: 5 x 114.3mm (5 x 4.5")
- Finish: Matte Black
- Backspacing: 6.77” and 7.32”
- Offset: +45mm and +52.5mm
- Center Bore: 70.6mm
- Construction: Cast Aluminum

Let me know what you guys think, if I should sell them or try them on...

Attachments

• m1007m1995bk-b_1.85_1.jpg
    m1007m1995bk-b_1.85_1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 153
No, factory offsets on narrower wheels are +35 and +40mm. Because these are wider than stock they are unlikely to clear the suspension and will run narrower than factory.You could run spacers but then you'd have to replace the studs in the hubs with much longer ones and wouldn't be able to easily swap back to stock without different lug nuts. Centerbore is also larger and you might want hubcentric rings to stop vibration. Long story short, you should sell these wheels. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
No, factory offsets on narrower wheels are +35 and +40mm. Because these are wider than stock they are unlikely to clear the suspension and will run narrower than factory.You could run spacers but then you'd have to replace the studs in the hubs with much longer ones and wouldn't be able to easily swap back to stock without different lug nuts. Centerbore is also larger and you might want hubcentric rings to stop vibration. Long story short, you should sell these wheels. :)

Hmm.. damn it, just as I suspected... it was worth a try haha, looks like im selling them, thank you!

Well, it's not quite that black and white.
I've run those wheels on my car with race tires. You do need spacers- but you can get spacers that don't require stud replacement and just bolt on.
There is space in the back for 9.5", but not really in the front.
The real issue is that these are very fat wheels for a Model 3- unless you actually race it, all this will do is kill your range.

Reactions: Dolemite
I've run those wheels on my car with race tires. You do need spacers- but you can get spacers that don't require stud replacement and just bolt on.
The real issue is that these are very fat wheels for a Model 3- unless you actually race it, all this will do is kill your range.
I'm confused because my car came stock with 9 inch wheels in the front and I've seen much wider without modifications. Could you elaborate what you meant by "fat wheels for the 3"? I'm considering 10" width and curious if it is reasonable.

The issue is a combo of wheel size, tire size, and poke.
The OP posted a 275 tire for the 9.5's. That won't fit in the front without poking out from the fender. There just isn't space between the control arm and the fender. There is in the back.

10"? Are you going to race and make other mods like camber? If not, what do you need such a wide tire for? It will, 100% for sure, drastically reduce the range of the car, and it will poke out fairly proud of the fender in the front and then look weird if you don't do the same in the back.

To run those, for the front, you would need 5mm spacers if Performance, should bolt right on if non-Performance.

For the rear, I don't really see these fitting right unless you want to get some 15mm spacers.

Then there's the issue of the tires. 255/40/19 would probably be OK, if a bit tall, but 275/40/19 would be far too tall.

All that being said, your range will be poor and they really wouldn't be right. I wouldn't bother. Just buy a set of reasonably priced flow-formed wheels in the correct sizes with the proper tires.

To run those, for the front, you would need 5mm spacers if Performance, should bolt right on if non-Performance.

For the rear, I don't really see these fitting right unless you want to get some 15mm spacers.

Then there's the issue of the tires. 255/40/19 would probably be OK, if a bit tall, but 275/40/19 would be far too tall.

All that being said, your range will be poor and they really wouldn't be right. I wouldn't bother. Just buy a set of reasonably priced flow-formed wheels in the correct sizes with the proper tires.
Performance has different suspension geometry than non performance?

Wouldn't you need extended thread lugs? How long are the stock studs?
Well, yes, but it's basically a non-factor. The Performance rotors are thinner (~3mm) than the Base rotors (~8mm). Effectively, the Base rotors are like adding a 5mm spacer to the Performance ones.
Ha, that’s good to know. The P rotors are dual cast, not quite two piece, right?