Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will these wheels and tires fit on MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the wheel and tire talk make my head spin. I am awaiting a MYP but am looking to get new tires since the summer tires won’t work for me in PNW. I found some wheels and tires used for a pretty good price I think.
This is a set of 4 tires and wheels. Tires are a Michelin X-Ice. Size 235-45 R18. Wheels are 18 X 7.5 They have 2 different bolt patterns. 5-108mm and 5-115mm. Wheels also have the TPMS sensors in them. Not sure who make the wheels they came from discount tire. Overall in good shape. Came off a Volvo S60.
Would these fit? Just trying not to spend $3k for a limited use for me? Or should I just find an all season that will fit my 21” Uber turbine

All the wheel and tire talk make my head spin. I am awaiting a MYP but am looking to get new tires since the summer tires won’t work for me in PNW. I found some wheels and tires used for a pretty good price I think.
This is a set of 4 tires and wheels. Tires are a Michelin X-Ice. Size 235-45 R18. Wheels are 18 X 7.5 They have 2 different bolt patterns. 5-108mm and 5-115mm. Wheels also have the TPMS sensors in them. Not sure who make the wheels they came from discount tire. Overall in good shape. Came off a Volvo S60.
Would these fit? Just trying not to spend $3k for a limited use for me? Or should I just find an all season that will fit my 21” Uber turbine

They most likely will not work for several reasons: 18" wheels generally do not fit on the Y due to the brake size and would require a special wheel; a wheel with multiple bolt patterns is likely an inexpensive wheel without the proper load rating or quality needed for a heavy high performance vehicle; neither of the bolt patterns matches the Y (5x114.3); the TPMS sensors will not work unless they're designed to be compatible with the Tesla which is highly unlikely. If you want a second set of wheels and tires, look for 19" Geminis from your local craigslist or the forum here and add a good all season like the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 which is what I did here: Model Y Performance on drag strip + 0-60 + Model 3 comparison

Between the essentially new Gemini wheels bought from my local CL and the brand new tires mounted and balanced, I'm only into the 19" set for about $2,100, and honestly I think we'll just sell the 21" setup because of the reasons outlined in my post above.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39