Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will these wheels fit MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on my local classifieds has these listed for quite a good deal. But will they fit MYP?

Just took delivery last week and need to start looking for some winter tires.

Thanks!

You'll probably want to ask T Sportline if they'll clear the Performance brakes. The MYP brake calipers are larger than the LR calipers, and while 19" wheels will fit on the MYP, I haven't seen anyone with 18" wheels on a MYP..... maybe they're out there but most of the people getting winter setups are using 19" for the most part.

For the wheels themselves that you linked, the offset is lower than factory wheels so they'll stick out a little wider on the car and will clear the caliper face, but not sure about clearing the 18" wheel inner barrel. Another thing to consider is the load rating, as those Model 3 spec wheels have a load rating of 750kg, and most Model Y wheels have a load rating of 900kg or higher. I've seen people run 750kg load rating wheels on their Model Y, but it's not advisable.

Picking up my MYP today and plan to replace the 21 staggered Uberturbines with the stock square setup of the MY LR (Geminis). This is a plug and play, correct? No issues (brakes, rims, offsets or load rating) by doing this, right?

@jcanoe Thanks! Same or better load rating in the rear? I have the tow package.
Found this!

@jcanoe Thanks! Same or better load rating in the rear? I have the tow package.
The tires that come with the 19" Gemini wheels on the Long Range Model Y have a specified load rating of Extra Load (XL) as do all tires on the Tesla Model Y. The load index on the 19" OE Continental Procontact RX tires and the Goodyear Eagle F1 all season tires is 104 (1984 lbs) per tire. This is higher than the load index of the 21" Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) tires that come on the Performance Model Y (98 Front / 103 rear).

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
How did the swap go?

Looking to pick up my MYP in a few weeks and have been told that the 19" gemini's wont fit.
@Creston. You were given bad information. Love the 19s and AS Contis!

63DECF4E-D608-445B-BF73-C4C0A2FD2F02.jpeg
614A290D-E04F-4C31-8EF0-E78C16CBF197.jpeg

Reactions: tryangles