Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will this be faster than Lamborghini Huracan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fastest car I've driven so far is probably the Lamborghini Huracan, which I rented about 2-3 times. The Lamborghini was cool, but if I had to own it and drive it everyday, I don't think I could do it. The car is very loud, you must be very attentive driving it, and it's a rough car in general.

With the Tesla Roadster being electric, could this be more comfortable compared to most exotics gas based cars?

Regarding the question in your title...

Lamborghini Huracán - Wikipedia
Actual:
"Top Speed: 198-202mph"
"0 to 62mph: 2.3-3.6s (multiple measurement methods)"

Tesla Roadster (2020) - Wikipedia
Promised:
"Top Speed: > 250mph"
"0 to 60mph: 1.9s (base model)"

The "promised" 2020 Tesla Roadster would beat the "actual" Lamborghini Huracan delivered to customers in both acceleration and top speed. TBD if the delivered Roadster will meet or beat the promises, and if the Huracan 2020+ editions will have better numbers than they do so far.

I don't have enough data on the cars, or clarity in the question, to answer your "comfortable" question.

We already know, according to the promised specifications, the Roadster should accelerate faster than anything else on the road, and the top speed should be at-or-near the top as well. The more interesting question is:

The Lamborghini was cool, but if I had to own it and drive it everyday, I don't think I could do it. The car is very loud, you must be very attentive driving it, and it's a rough car in general. With the Tesla Roadster being electric, could this be more comfortable compared to most exotics gas based cars?

For whatever it's worth, I've owned a Lotus Esprit V8 and a 1st gen Tesla Roadster (or R1 as I think of it). My experience with the Lotus was just like what you describe. The Lotus was loud and rough and fun to drive fast on the open road, not so fun to drive slowly around town. The Roadster is happy to go fast and happy to go slow, and it's a great freeway warrior. Taking the top off and just cruising around is great fun and relaxing; it's like sailing. However, I must admit it's not so relaxing to drive long distances at highway speed because of the road noise, wind noise (esp with the soft top) and the taut suspension and steering.

There's a lot we don't know for sure about the new Roadster (R2), how it will be tuned, what kind of suspension it will have, and so forth. We can only speculate. However, my best guess is that it should be more of a grand touring car than something optimized only for running hot laps. My reasoning follows. . .

With 200 KWh of batteries, it's gonna be too massive to truly excel at clawing through apexes. I'm sure the low CG will help, and torque vectoring will help, but the laws of physics are still what they are. Don't pick a fight you can't win.

Accleration specs aside, the design doesn't look like a hardcore track car. It's got plenty of trunk space, and it has back seats, and the styling just doesn't look ultra-aggressive. At the unveiling Elon was careful to point out that it's a "real car" that you can take road trips in. That implies to me that there should be some thought given to smoothness and comfort.

This is one reason I'm eager to learn more about the Model S "Raven" adaptive suspension system. Something like that might possibly make its way into the Roadster. Then you could dial it soft for a road trip or cruising around town, or dial it hard for track day or canyon carving.