Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will this blacklist me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Model 3 LR in June 2020, took delivery in September 2020 and sold it in November 2021 with 14k miles since I wanted to upgrade to a performance Model 3. I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance in December 2021, but after a collision and some really strange issues I feel unconfident with the build of my 6 month old car with 4,500 miles on it. I am considering selling it and buying the same Model. Not a reseller, just someone who likes to change their car to newer technology and I actually drove and regularly serviced my car. Both sales were at a slight loss as well, would selling my Model 3 P for a new one (that is at a higher price than the one I paid) put me at risk for being blacklisted? Is it worth asking Tesla directly before doing so? Also to add, the original Model 3 on our account was not registered in my name, only the performance but it is all being purchased on my account for our family. Thanks a lot.

Sounds like a scam to me. Weird question.
Hey! I’m not selling to anyone on the forums or hiding anything about my car to buyers so your scam comment is not justified. I was just wondering about Tesla’s resale clause since I’ve heard horror stories and never thought that it was something that could happen where they could cancel your order and ban you from buying. Truth be told i really dislike that I missed out on the Ryzen chip as my car feels generations older than the MYP my friend has with it. I also had a HVAC failure 3 months in, and as far as the collision it was a minor one repaired through insurance. My question wasn’t if anyone wanted to buy on the forums, it was does anyone think this would constitute as “reselling” according to Tesla.

Upvote 0
I've heard of people running into problems when they try to sell their reservation or put the original title in someone else's name or other weird stuff. Tesla does not want "dealerships". You buy cars, pay the taxes/registration, have your name on the title...you'll be fine. 2 cars in 6 months, 3 in 2 years - that's hardly enough to raise an eyebrow.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Upvote 0
That's a weird question. I buy a new car every year. Last few years I've been selling to Vroom/Carvana for a slight profit. It's never crossed my mind if someone will blacklist me. Why would they? You're giving them more money. If anything they'll whitelist you. You're good for business.
That’s really reassuring. I think I probably am just spooked by that terminology on their MVPA, but this helps a ton.

Upvote 0
I've heard of people running into problems when they try to sell their reservation or put the original title in someone else's name or other weird stuff. Tesla does not want "dealerships". You buy cars, pay the taxes/registration, have your name on the title...you'll be fine. 2 cars in 6 months, 3 in 2 years - that's hardly enough to raise an eyebrow.
That makes sense! I think one of the posts here mentioned a Turo rental business someone was running where they got banned for buying/reselling a lot of cars. I think you guys are right and that it’ll be fine. Thanks a lot

Upvote 0
No one has any idea what triggers tesla's algorithms on "this is probably a reseller, ban them" but what you described is likely not it. The "ryzen vs atom" discussion has been done to death here, and as someone who has a tesla with each chipset in my garage, right at this second (my 2018 model 3 and my wifes 2022 model y), I think its dramatically overblown by people.

its "better" its not "OMG I cant BELIEVE this is so awesome and the one in my model 3 is so sucky!", as some people try to say. If you want to sell your car because it was in an accident and you no longer trust it, people do that all the time. Its not a great time to buy anything with credit though, compared to where we were a year ago or so this time, at least in my opinion, but thats not what you asked.

I doubt this will trigger anything with tesla, but no one knows, and anyone who actually knows how that works inside of tesla is not going to post here to say, so this is more just guessing just like you are doing, OP.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Upvote 0
No one has any idea what triggers tesla's algorithms on "this is probably a reseller, ban them" but what you described is likely not it. The "ryzen vs atom" discussion has been done to death here, and as someone who has a tesla with each chipset in my garage, right at this second (my 2018 model 3 and my wifes 2022 model y), I think its dramatically overblown by people.

its "better" its not "OMG I cant BELIEVE this is so awesome and the one in my model 3 is so sucky!", as some people try to say. If you want to sell your car because it was in an accident and you no longer trust it, people do that all the time. Its not a great time to buy anything with credit though, compared to where we were a year ago or so this time, at least in my opinion, but thats not what you asked.

I doubt this will trigger anything with tesla, but no one knows, and anyone who actually knows how that works inside of tesla is not going to post here to say, so this is more just guessing just like you are doing, OP.
Hey thanks a lot for your reply! To be honest I think the chipset is a small point and you’re right on the market being tough in terms of interest rates and all. I think it’s just my worry about the longevity rather than the performance it’s showing at it’s current point. This is reassuring most definitely.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0