Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will this fit my s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In general... no/I wouldn’t do it.

I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone run a 10” wide front wheel. With that width and +28mm offset, you’re losing 13mm of clearance on the inside so will probably rub/hit the shock. There was a recent post where the OP was running a 9.5” wheel in the front with 35mm offset (lose 14mm inside clearance) and he said it rubbed the shock.
As for the rears, you’re losing 17mm on the inside and pushing the face out 47mm, so even if it didn’t rub, they are going to stick out way past the fender.
Assume these wheels were not from a MS currently?

It is best to keep the same rolling diameter tires as factory. The Model S 19" and 21" tires maintain the same or very similar rolling diameter to keep the cars performance and handing very similar by adjusting the sidewall profile (percentage) on the different wheel diameters.

It is best to keep the same rolling diameter tires as factory. The Model S 19" and 21" tires maintain the same or very similar rolling diameter to keep the cars performance and handing very similar by adjusting the sidewall profile (percentage) on the different wheel diameters.
Tires aren’t even going to matter in this situation. The wheels aren’t suitable for an MS.

I am running BWM M6 forged wheels with the following specs:
  • · Brand: Factory, OEM
  • · Finish: Anthracite
  • · Size Front: 19x8.5 +14mm
  • · Size Rear: 19x9.0 + 14mm
I would not go larger than 8.5" width in front without a test fit for wheel rub.
The 14mm offset pushes the wheel out flush with the fenders with no issues.
BMW 249 Weight 27.5  27.8 Lbs.JPG

Tires aren’t even going to matter in this situation. The wheels aren’t suitable for an MS.
I wasn’t remotely saying the wheels were fine, just stating how wrong the tires were and that the tires should be within this criteria. The wheels are wrong, because they have to maintain a very close offset, the same center bore, bolt pattern and lug style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doanster1
Is it just the rims or is it a whole wheel.
Not sure what you mean, rims and wheels are synonymous, the same thing. But those tires are 3.5% different in diameter so the performance would change as well as clearance and other factors such as speedo. The wheels don’t have enough specs to determine the fitting such as center bore, lug type and spacing as well as weight rating. The best time to do is buy wheels that meet the correct specs and then select a style that is appealing

I am running BWM M6 forged wheels with the following specs:
  • · Brand: Factory, OEM
  • · Finish: Anthracite
  • · Size Front: 19x8.5 +14mm
  • · Size Rear: 19x9.0 + 14mm
I would not go larger than 8.5" width in front without a test fit for wheel rub.
The 14mm offset pushes the wheel out flush with the fenders with no issues.
View attachment 298484
Yep. Your setup works because you kept the rears at 9”. That pushed the wheel face out by 37mm. OPs proposed rears push out another 10mm (47mm) which will poke even if it didn’t rub.

Reactions: Doanster1
Heh heh, you think I just pulled those exact numbers out of my head?? :)

I discovered tonight my rear wheels are rubbing the inner felt liner a tad. Not because I’m running wrong/crazy offsets, but because there are only a couple push-rivets holding the entire liner in place. This allows the middle section to bulge out. I pushed on it with my hand and it snapped back a good couple inches and would easily clear the tire. I wish I could add a couple “staples” to hold it in place.
I should be good regardless once my 7mm spacers come in from Lenny.

Heh heh, you think I just pulled those exact numbers out of my head?? :)

I discovered tonight my rear wheels are rubbing the inner felt liner a tad. Not because I’m running wrong/crazy offsets, but because there are only a couple push-rivets holding the entire liner in place. This allows the middle section to bulge out. I pushed on it with my hand and it snapped back a good couple inches and would easily clear the tire. I wish I could add a couple “staples” to hold it in place.
I should be good regardless once my 7mm spacers come in from Lenny.
I should have guessed ... Regarding the inner fender liners, many people have had success with a heat gun to reshape the plastic :cool:

The front suspension component that causes issues is shaped so the problem on the inside more or less disappears with bigger wheels. You have waaaaay more inside clearance with 21" than with 19". But anyway, my 9,5" ET35 wide wheels with 5 mm spacer are quite flush with the front fenders, I would not have any lower offset. Picture shows inside clearance with 9.5" wide wheel, effective offset +30. Notice the shape of the suspension component.

Attachments

• 20180503_193115.jpg
    20180503_193115.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911