Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will tightening the Axle nut void the warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a mobile service appointment coming up in a few days regarding a clicking/flapping noise coming from the passenger rear. Does anyone know if I were to message them through the app that I went ahead to check it out from the bottom of the car and saw the cv axle sticking out and went ahead to tighten the axle nut. Will that void warranty? Only reason I want to inform them is due to the fact the noise is very faint since doing so. I still do want them to throughly check it out but worried that now it’s a mobile appointment, they’ll just test drive it and once they don’t hear anything, they’ll say nothing is wrong.

I changed your thread title, from "will it void warranty" to what it appears you are asking, which is " will tightening the axle nut void warranty". To answer the question, tightening something pre existing cant void a warranty. If they see the evidence of your aftermarket suspension that you removed:

That might void warranty on anything suspension related, but tightening something that is supposed to be there cant void a warranty.

Upvote 0