Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will tint cure my windshield glare?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I've not tinted my prior cars' windows, but I am now experiencing severe windshield glare. Its most often 1 or 2 light beams and difficult to describe how it robs your focus from the road....but its quite hypnotic. The beam appears to terminate on the hood, but I was so transfixed I could be wrong. It does not come through the windshield and cast light inside the car. During a 200 mile drive last week, the intensity of the light beams (at one time 3 of them) became dangerous enough to pull aside 2x for eye breaks. BTW, I was ever grateful for my AP as a driving aid during this time!

I've not experienced this before and wondering if windshield tint would cure this problem or tone it down? Other suggestions?

. 071626 025.JPG 071626 030.JPG 071626 028.JPG 071626 039.JPG 071626 034.JPG 071626 037.JPG

I found windshield tint (Photosync 75) to significantly reduce glare. The tint is just about invisible. Be sure to use the best installer you can find and ensure that they have done Teslas before.

I would recommend Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos, given that you are in Los Angeles. Ask for Derek or Bing.

The only thing I would do differently is to invest in an exterior windshield coating as my windshield started micropitting almost immediately.

Consider as well tinting the front pano panel. Glare as well as heat through that has been a chronic problem. I use a low-tech solution (baseball cap) but when I get around to making an appointment, that panel will get done.

Hi guys, I've not tinted my prior cars' windows, but I am now experiencing severe windshield glare. Its most often 1 or 2 light beams and difficult to describe how it robs your focus from the road....but its quite hypnotic. The beam appears to terminate on the hood, but I was so transfixed I could be wrong. It does not come through the windshield and cast light inside the car. During a 200 mile drive last week, the intensity of the light beams (at one time 3 of them) became dangerous enough to pull aside 2x for eye breaks. BTW, I was ever grateful for my AP as a driving aid during this time!

I've not experienced this before and wondering if windshield tint would cure this problem or tone it down? Other suggestions?

. View attachment 185596 View attachment 185597 View attachment 185598 View attachment 185599 View attachment 185600 View attachment 185602
I've never seen this before. Is it possible the windshield is defective?

I found windshield tint (Photosync 75) to significantly reduce glare. The tint is just about invisible. Be sure to use the best installer you can find and ensure that they have done Teslas before. I would recommend Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos, given that you are in Los Angeles. Ask for Derek or Bing.

Thanks TJ......you offer great tips and a good reference.

I've never seen this before. Is it possible the windshield is defective?
Hi MS, that's an interesting thought.........I didn't know windshields could be defective. Felt like it was burning my eyeballs out whatever it is. I'll drop a note to my SvC. Thanks!