TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Will Trump and his new admin ban dealership model ?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Jevi_S85D, Dec 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jevi_S85D

Jevi_S85D Member

In Europe the common EU legislators would certainly look very closely on any car dealership monopoly and probably rule against it. I feel certain that Donald Trump too is against this kind of monopoly as you see it in f.in TX and MI. Especially as it is disadvantagous to a company with a US workforce (Tesla).
    But being unfamiliar with the US state legislation I'm unsure if he will be able to do something about it ?

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I laud you on your optimism, but I'm afraid that won't happen. He'll back those already in power.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

trump or any other president cannot issue edicts.
    there is a process for laws being enacted in the US. despite the current occupant of the white house sometimes issuing unlawful commands.
    any attempt to ban the dealership/direct sales law will have to emanate from the legislative branch.
    then it would have to withstand challenges in the courts from the affected states because any such law on the federal level could be a possible violation of the 10th amendment of our constitution.