Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will V2G make your Tesla vehicle qualify for battery storage tax credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What im thinking, is that right now if you have solar, you can add batteries at a later time and still qualify for the solar tax credit of currently 22%.

Since V2G will effectively be a mobile battery storage that works in conjunction with solar, it should technically qualify the product for the solar tax credit for battery storage.

What im thinking, is that right now if you have solar, you can add batteries at a later time and still qualify for the solar tax credit of currently 22%.

Since V2G will effectively be a mobile battery storage that works in conjunction with solar, it should technically qualify the product for the solar tax credit for battery storage.

There'd likely be overlap with EV credits/tax breaks as well. The solar tax credit requires that you charge your battery almost entirely with solar, so unless you're planning on charging your EV 100% from your solar (tough to do if you use your car to commute) then I'm not sure that will work out.

I'm sure whatever ends up happening that the government regulations and IRS guidance will be crystal clear, very helpful, and have the intended effect. (/s) :)

There'd likely be overlap with EV credits/tax breaks as well. The solar tax credit requires that you charge your battery almost entirely with solar, so unless you're planning on charging your EV 100% from your solar (tough to do if you use your car to commute) then I'm not sure that will work out.

I'm sure whatever ends up happening that the government regulations and IRS guidance will be crystal clear, very helpful, and have the intended effect. (/s) :)

Lol. sometimes you can use the "helpful" ambiguous IRS regs to your favor.