Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will we ever have full autonomy with Autopilot 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because Autosteer is in beta mode that doesn't necessarily mean we have to touch the steering wheel every four minutes or so forever or will it?
Will AP 1 cars be able to one day experience non touch driving ever?
I wonder!

No, not enough cameras/sensors for full autonomy in the older cars.
Agree, and you can be sure there will other camera/sensors upgrade/adds over the next few years needed to address self driving limitations that will only be well understand after a few billion miles are driven with AP.
And when that happens you can expect complaints from owners with AP 2 hardware.

I say we will never have full autonomy even with AP2.0. The bar is too high and even though,a car can do some trips without issue, there are going to be odd situations that the current 2.0 setup won't be able to handle. The more I read the more I understand how difficult it will be for a computer to be able to deal with a bunch of rude, inattentive, and illogical humans sharing the road with them.

I say we will never have full autonomy even with AP2.0. The bar is too high and even though,a car can do some trips without issue, there are going to be odd situations that the current 2.0 setup won't be able to handle. The more I read the more I understand how difficult it will be for a computer to be able to deal with a bunch of rude, inattentive, and illogical humans sharing the road with them.

What are you reading I wonder?