Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will we ever see this at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi teased their launch of the e-Tron GT yesterday with some pictures of their production line. I especially was envious of these two. Checking panel gaps and paint quality. Wut? That's a thing?? Elon and head of Tesla QC, are you seeing this?! One can only hope. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.09.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.09.49 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Remember. Don’t judge less yee be judged :

Watch all 3 of his videos. Beauty is apparently indeed skin deep with Audi.

Haha, I get it. My Y was a replacement for an Audi A5. What a great car that was. Perfect fit and finish. Super reliable, etc.

I have now trained my brain to think differently about Teslas. It's a super technology company that has been making cars for about 10 years while the others had in upwards of 100 years of practice to perfect their craft. It would be unfair, even with all the automation/robots of today, to expect the same level of quality. It's not fair to compare the sticker prices and complain that we didn't get $60k worth of car compared to other premium brands.

Tesla has dumped billions of dollars in R & D and is still doing so. That's why they are years ahead of everyone else. That's what we are paying for. That core technology, not the packaging. Would you rather drive a $100k Audi e-Tron that has a range of 250 miles vs. a $55k Model Y that goes 300+ miles just for the fit and finish? You may choose to do so and that's exactly what some will do.

Believe me, I've thought about the e-Tron SUV when I was looking at the Y. With deep discounts that they were offering (some ~ $20k + fed/local tax credit. rebates) on 2019/2020 models, it was very tempting. But at the end of the day, I went with Tesla knowing it still has all the QC issues because I love the technology and how it improves constantly with OTA updates. No other company will have that same infrastructure because most still rely on hard-coded ECUs that need to be plugged-in in order to be re-programmed.

And one more thing, we shouldn't forget that a DM LR Y can blow the doors off $200k sports cars all day long! :D

Haha, I get it. My Y was a replacement for an Audi A5. What a great car that was. Perfect fit and finish. Super reliable, etc.

I have now trained my brain to think differently about Teslas. It's a super technology company that has been making cars for about 10 years while the others had in upwards of 100 years of practice to perfect their craft. It would be unfair, even with all the automation/robots of today, to expect the same level of quality. It's not fair to compare the sticker prices and complain that we didn't get $60k worth of car compared to other premium brands.

Tesla has dumped billions of dollars in R & D and is still doing so. That's why they are years ahead of everyone else. That's what we are paying for. That core technology, not the packaging. Would you rather drive a $100k Audi e-Tron that has a range of 250 miles vs. a $55k Model Y that goes 300+ miles just for the fit and finish? You may choose to do so and that's exactly what some will do.

Believe me, I've thought about the e-Tron SUV when I was looking at the Y. With deep discounts that they were offering (some ~ $20k + fed/local tax credit. rebates) on 2019/2020 models, it was very tempting. But at the end of the day, I went with Tesla knowing it still has all the QC issues because I love the technology and how it improves constantly with OTA updates. No other company will have that same infrastructure because most still rely on hard-coded ECUs that need to be plugged-in in order to be re-programmed.

And one more thing, we shouldn't forget that a DM LR Y can blow the doors off $200k sports cars all day long! :D

Don't forget the advantages of the Audi supercharger network. It will be great on trips. /s