Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you buy FSD before the $1,000 increase on July 1st?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD is very important as people age. Yes you can get a burger
delivered, and just about everything else. Getting a rolling stones concert
maybe more trouble. I have 10 places I go. If it could do that without a driver,
well who knows what I would pay. It is moving along and will be big
money for the people that solve it. It is a show me the meat right now.

Reactions: GWord
My point is you dont get to keep the license as well as give it to the person you sold the PC to.

If Tesla indeed does this arent they also cutting how much you are selling the car for and you are voluntarily choosing to do so.
I can sell my old computer and my office 365 license goes with me to my next computer. That is how it *should* be with Tesla’s “software license” for FSD.

Why does everyone feel the need to defend every stupid decision Tesla makes?

But you do. I can sell my old computer and my office 365 license goes with me to my next computer.

But your Windows license does not go with YOU if it was, say, an OEM license that came with the computer.

That Windows OEM license is tied to that computer

Just like your FSD purchase is tied to that car

Why does everyone feel the need to defend every stupid decision Tesla makes?

Same reason everyone feels the need to insist what Teslas doing is insane/unheard of.

Reactions: smatthew
But your Windows license does not go with YOU if it was, say, an OEM license that came with the computer.

That Windows OEM license is tied to that computer

Just like your FSD purchase is tied to that car

Same reason everyone feels the need to insist what Teslas doing is insane/unheard of.
Kinda... You can format that PC and sell it without the OS then contact Microsoft to get your windows license on a new PC (if you built your own since all pre built come with one included anyways).

One difference is that an OS is required if you buy a functioning PC. That's why it's included in every prebuilt. FSD is an add on. That you would have to rebuy again because it's not required and does not come included on any new Tesla because it's not required.

Kinda... You can format that PC and sell it without the OS then contact Microsoft to get your windows license on a new PC (if you built your own since all pre built come with one included anyways)

One difference is that an OS is required if you buy a functioning PC. That's why it's included in every prebuilt. FSD is an add on. That you would have to rebuy again because it's not required and does not come included on any new Tesla because it's not required.

Kinda.

You can order OEM PCs with no windows license on them (Linux, or DOS/No OS is usually how the option is coded by the OEM depending what and from whom) and then install using your own seperately-bought license (including system builder OEM licenses sold without a full PC preload).

But if you order a PC WITH a windows license (where the Windows OS is factory installed) that license goes with the PC when you sell it- you can't call MS and get yourself a free one in addition to the OEM one that stayed with the PC.

You need to go buy yourself a new license. (or buy a new OEM PC that comes bundled with one)

Reactions: smatthew
There is no way on earth the (current) FSD feature set over Autopilot is worth $7000. Now, if some of these items were à la carte, I might reconsider. I'd happily pay for the auto lane-change feature. Self-parking? I've had it in 2 cars now and used it maybe once... takes longer to park than doing it myself. Summon? Nope. I could walk to the car quicker than it will drive to me.

Now... I WILL say that if they offered, say, a subscription service for under $100/month, I'd try it. Mainly because I don't keep my cars more than a couple years. Rather pay $2400 over 2 years than $7000 and ANOTHER $7000 for the next Tesla (plus interest as I finance).

Is that because you have no desire for autonomous driving features or that you feel it will never work?

I do wonder what percentage of people who own a Tesla are of the type that simply have no desire for autonomous driving? Whether it was a $5K feature or a $20K feature. Tesla can safely ignore them when it comes to pricing.
If it is a completed product where you can take a nap while the car drives itself, I would pay $10k for it. I would not pay $20k.
But we do not have such product yet. So I am not interested in buying in on fomo.

You should get hold of Tesla Service immediately! I've got a good number of features running on my car, new one came out a few weeks ago, too.

Shipping. Period.

Then you lack even basic understanding of the topic. Of how their technology functions.

I bow to your infinite wisdom of all things automotive.
Explain why your car is Full Self Driving and a Waymo AV van is not.

Your car cannot even check for cross traffic, so I assume Full Self Driving is geofenced to El Mirage dry lake with no other cars present?

I'm just surprised that Tesla is raising prices at all given that we are entering a seriously bad recession and likely a major economic depression. The money isn't out there. Many people once considering Tesla's are worried how they will keep a roof over their head. I bet many people who have recently purchased a Tesla are considering selling it to pay their rent. Teslas may be nice, but homelessness is not nice. People out there are suffering!

Yes, on an "enthusiast forum" such as this one people can see a rosy picture out there for everyone regarding Tesla. But the truth of the matter is that there are easily 30,000,000 people out of work and a raging pandemic (we may be opening up, but it hasn't really slowed down yet). Many economic predictions project a dismal economy and joblessness into 2022 - and you know those people are always optimistic. Yes, FSD can steer your car to the local food bank!

The timing of this "price increase" is really tone deaf to the economic status of many customers.