Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you buy Tesla vehicle again?

Will you buy Tesla vehicle again?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a real car fan but so far I've got $140,000 bet on Tesla, and it's not going all that well with the misrepresentations and the lack of basic features. Still got a boatload of unfulfilled promises so the jury's still out. The next 6-8 months will either make or break Tesla. Model 3 owners aren't going to tolerate what AP2 owners have had to endure. Leaving aside the fact that the top 3 guys in the autopilot project have all bailed, my major concern is that testing FSD for a month so you can make a trumped up video and then quit doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that things are going to get better.

• Love
Reactions: Swift and oktane
There is no evidence that the public roads report is the entire universe of Tesla FSD testing. That being said, who knows what the current stage of development is or why there is a chasm between the video and what we have in our cars right now.

@Merrill I live in Texas, and a LOT of family/friends say the same thing. There's an illogical fever for trucks in Texas... but most don't care how it's powered and seem to prefer electric (if it was available).

This may be why...

C-6PO12XgAAdwH2.jpg

I'm on the fence with one foot firmly planted on the "no" side and another still on the fence... We originally wanted an X to go with our S but then Tesla decided, for reasons that make no sense, to pull the ventilated seats from the configuration options and frankly it's been downhill since then... There just is no really good reason to buy an X from our perspective... The lack of basic features combined with the current state of EAP/AP2 hardware/software and Tesla's increasingly awful lease rates just don't move the needle enough for us...

Oh and I was dead set on a X P100DL until countergate was fully exposed and now I no longer trust Tesla to do the right thing there so... I believe someone said above that they wish Tesla had a real competitor and I couldn't agree more... Tesla has really failed it's customers in a number of different ways over a number of different situations that "feel" like are becoming more regular...

I still love my Model S and I'm half way through the lease now... I'm not so sure I'll replace it with another Tesla when the lease is up... Tesla is not the company it once was and now operates with an ethical flexibility that's increasingly hard to stomach... I no longer advocate for Tesla and tell people that ask me about the car "love the car, the company that designed and built it, not so much". I've likely cost Tesla 2 sales, possibly 3, and don't really care. I've tweeted/emailed Elon, and others in the chain of command at Tesla, and gotten nothing back which is typical these days with really anyone at Tesla.

Such is life and judging by the Q numbers, I'm in the minority... Nothing will change unless sales fall off and Tesla is forced to listen to it's customers...

Jeff

I just bought my new (to me) 2015 model S a month ago today and if I had to buy another car right now it would definitely be a tesla. I believe that they are making the best electric car with the best options at this point in time. However, that said, I do worry about their future a bit when (and maybe if) the conventional automakers catch up.

Way back in 2012 before the whole smart watch craze a company called pebble started a kickstarter campaign for their new smart watch. I've always been big on technology and I had been watching the smart watch market and there were a few options in 2012, but all of them had big compromises... big ugly watches... lack of options, etc. This was long before apple and samsung started making their watches. In my opinion, the pebble watch was the first really viable smart watch that came to the market and it seemed like a lot of people agreed with me. They shattered records with their kickstarter campaign and raised over $10 million (they had only set a $100,000 goal).

The pebble watch was not perfect by any means, but it was the best thing on the market by far at the time and I used one and loved it for several years. Pebble was doing amazingly well and came out with several new versions of their watch, including another record breaking kickstarter campaign raising over $20 million this time. But then samsung and apple came out with their smart watches that in my opinion were better than the pebble offerings. I bought an Apple Watch on the first day they were available and haven't looked back at pebble since. It seems that a lot of people agreed with me because at the end of 2016 the once promising pebble went bankrupt and suddenly went out of business. Fitbit bought most of their assets, but discontinued the pebble smart watches.

From when I got my first pebble watch in 2013 through April of 2015 when I got my Apple Watch I was a huge pebble fan. I loved what they were doing and like I said, I believe they were the best smart watch available at the time. But when the 'conventional' mobile device makers caught up with them the masses went with the big names and pebble withered and died.

I truely hope that this will not happen with tesla, but I do see some similarities with the pebble story. I believe that the tesla cars are the best cars out there right now, however, they are definitely not perfect and there are some things that conventional automakers just do better. If and when the conventional automakers start offering electric cars with a good range and tech features like autopilot I think tesla might have a bit of a struggle to stay in the market.

Of course it depends upon what other choices I have, but at the moment I'm totally satisfied with my Tesla experiment. From the performance of my S's to my experience with service, it's all been much more positive than any experience I've had with ICE dealers.

I understand that there is a gap between what Tesla has promised and has actually delivered concerning FSD, but I'm happy with my AP1 and probability won't shell out for AP2 hardware until the software has caught up. And there are those who felt cheated by the limits once placed on Launch mode but I've never had any interest in that feature. So neither of these complaints concern me.

I think a lot of the other issues people report are teething issues that Tesla is suffering. I bought one of the very first Audi TT's when they came to market and that car had a lot of minor issues. For the first year it felt as if that car was in the shop more than in my garage. And getting service on my Leaf has been exceptionally trying, so I'm familiar with teething issues.

Add in the whole "sustainable transport" argument and I'm still firmly in the Tesla camp.