Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go 100% electric in the next 5 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla decides to support three phase at at least 32 A, the 85 kWh Model S will have enough range to cover our needs. If so, we will buy it and be 100% electric, with one long range and one short range EV. The few times we will need more than the range of the Tesla plus an hour of charging, we will rent or borrow.

More than 32 A and support for 230 V three phase would be very welcome though.

Our home is already 100% electric, mainly heated by an air-to-air heat pump plus some firewood. But we will still need to fly a couple of times per year, and fossil fuel will still have been used in the production and transportation of almost all the stuff we consume :crying:

Even so, I think driving only electric cars is an important step in the right direction, this will reduce our CO2 emissions by more than two tons per year. But the real reason for getting a Model S is that it's currently the only car we really want.

Last edited:
In areas where the RV parks are year-round, that's true... but look at the trouble Doug is having planning a road trip in the winter in the Northeast. This is yet another reason why California is NOT the place which needs the Supercharger network first; the frozen north is.

Absolutely. It may come to pass that I have to rent an ICE once a year, to go to that particular conference.

I'm not sure that the longer range of the Model S would make a trip like that easier. The car will need more juice than the Roadster to go the same distance, so the charging time will be even longer if there are no Superchargers.