Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go to the Telsa store tomorrow after the price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well GAP insurance only covers you in event of a major accident & loss. You are not there . This price drops allows more owners to be electricfied. I took a small hit on my car too, but it’s not like I am trying to sell my car. It’s only a loss when you sell the car. The whole new and used car market prices was getting out of hand . This puts a big nail in those quick buy & sell profiteers . What’s done is done , we all move on , life will be ok 👍

Reactions: PewPew and dhrivnak
Hey I’m just following the moves of the brilliant CEO. He sold at a lower price than I did. Pretty sad if you think I care about an emoji from an internet jerk.

And bmw makes great cars - high maintenance but great driver cars. They also don’t screw their customers with price shaninigans.
Yes bmw are high maintenance, add up that bill and you are back to square one again. See you in the BMW owners forum Tony 👍

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Well GAP insurance only covers you in event of a major accident & loss. You are not there . This price drops allows more owners to be electricfied. I took a small hit on my car too, but it’s not like I am trying to sell my car. It’s only a loss when you sell the car. The whole new and used car market prices was getting out of hand . This puts a big nail in those quick buy & sell profiteers . What’s done is done , we all move on , life will be ok 👍
What do you mean “I’m not there”? It’s insurance, you don’t get it after the fact. If my car gets totaled tomorrow I’m screwed.

What do you mean “I’m not there”? It’s insurance, you don’t get it after the fact. If my car gets totaled tomorrow I’m screwed.
That’s a big ” if” . instead of a high down payment , you could have bought the GAP insurance. that’s done with . Here’s an alternative scenario -instead of the price drop, the price skyrocketed to 50% increase . And your car was in a , not favorable accident. What then ? Your insurance cheque will not be enough to cover for a new vehicle? You will pay out of pocket , for the same vehicle . Fact is, not buying GAP insurance puts you in a disadvantage, regardless of the price increase or decrease . So the big “If” situation was already decided , when you first bought it. Trying to be positive with you about a situation that may or may not happen. Be safe

No I won't be seeing you in any BMW owners forum because I don't need to go to a BMW forum and deals with immature internet trolls to figure out if the car I'm getting is gimped or if the manufacturer is going to screw me on price
Tony I am not trying to Troll you …. Here’s some more salt on the wound , BMW depreciation after 3 years is 50%.

Attachments

• D1060AC5-4F1F-4288-B70E-57DD85212D04.jpeg
    D1060AC5-4F1F-4288-B70E-57DD85212D04.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 86
Not checkmate but a desperate gamble. Devalue the brand and piss off loyal customers in the hopes of acquiring a whole lot more new customers. It won't drive anyone out of business or the EV market. Too much momentum and government push in that direction around the world.

My next car? Probably another BMW or Lexus. I was going to replace my sedan with a Model 3 eventually but not anymore. I'll probably also offload my Model Y earlier than planned since it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth every time I see it now. I hope that feeling changes in a few month but not right now.
So, according to you, Tesla's plan is to "Devalue the brand and piss off loyal customers in the hopes of acquiring a whole lot more new customers". Genius

That’s a big ” if” . instead of a high down payment , you could have bought the GAP insurance. that’s done with . Here’s an alternative scenario -instead of the price drop, the price skyrocketed to 50% increase . And your car was in a , not favorable accident. What then ? Your insurance cheque will not be enough to cover for a new vehicle? You will pay out of pocket , for the same vehicle . Fact is, not buying GAP insurance puts you in a disadvantage, regardless of the price increase or decrease . So the big “If” situation was already decided , when you first bought it. Trying to be positive with you about a situation that may or may not happen. Be safe
I've never purchased GAP on any of the vehicles I purchased because I always put at least 30% down and it always worked for me because I was NEVER upside down on my loan.

This is the first vehicle in which I'm several thousand upside down on my loan. Just a month ago I had +$10k equity, and now I'm negative in equity. This is even after putting 20k down.

Tony , how come everyone that doesn’t agree with you , is labeled a Troll? I’m not sure how many people here will listen to your advice to Dump Tesla Stocks. All of a sudden you are a financial Guru and Lawyer advisor . If I am a Troll like you say I am, then you must be a Karen ? Or actually you may be from the BMW forum group. Then , if that was true , you would be the true Troll named Karen BMW 😂

Wasn't the Tesla MYLR depreciation just now in 1 day 31% ? ;)

Used Tesla market values are collapsing massively. Your tone sounds pretty bad honestly from someone just reading this stuff.
Ok if my tone doesn’t sound nice . Here’s some facts . Tony suggest that we all demand some money back , sue them , sell our Tesla Shares and go buy a BMW .
I just stated that after 3 years a BMW loses 50% . I don’t know how to take His financial advise , kindly . I know it hurts the value of recent owners . But the big picture , allows us to get away from fossil fuel and allow less fortunate families to own a Tesla . Why are the Karen’s so blind to the long term , and are always so short sighted? All car owners will get a reduced value across the board , even used gas cars . There’s no amount of kid gloves 🧤 that can hurt your feelings any less .

Not checkmate but a desperate gamble. Devalue the brand and piss off loyal customers in the hopes of acquiring a whole lot more new customers. It won't drive anyone out of business or the EV market. Too much momentum and government push in that direction around the world.

My next car? Probably another BMW or Lexus. I was going to replace my sedan with a Model 3 eventually but not anymore. I'll probably also offload my Model Y earlier than planned since it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth every time I see it now. I hope that feeling changes in a few month but not right now.
We’ll that’ll show ‘em who’s boss. Tesla did what they needed to do to stay competitive based on the current economy. Keeping their prices artificially inflated, while also not being eligible for the tax incentive wouldn’t have been good for the business. If you haven’t noticed, customer service isn’t their top priority. You still decided to buy into it, what did you expect. They’re not going to buy you breakfast after bending you over. They got what they wanted from you and couldn’t care less if they ever see you again.

Reactions: 2022S-LR
We’ll that’ll show ‘em who’s boss. Tesla did what they needed to do to stay competitive based on the current economy. Keeping their prices artificially inflated, while also not being eligible for the tax incentive wouldn’t have been good for the business. If you haven’t noticed, customer service isn’t their top priority. You still decided to buy into it, what did you expect. They’re not going to buy you breakfast after bending you over. They got what they wanted from you and couldn’t care less if they ever see you again.
Yup that is exactly showing them who’s boss, the customer. They will not get my money for solar, insurance, any future cars, value added upgrades, or recommendations to friends and family. They have no incentive to change unless it impacts their bottom line.

Maybe the price drop was necessary but they definitely could have softened the blow to recent buyers. Not going to bother rehashing all the points, you can read them. But you’re right they don’t care about us so I won’t do my business with them anymore. The saddest thing I’ve seen though are all the people here trying to justify and rationalize teslas behavior when it was just bad and they don’t care about you either - Stockholm syndrome at work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.